PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Get this (insert expletive for "hefty load of steamy excrement" here)..... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36632)

wILLk0r3 818 09-05-2008 07:50 PM

Get this (insert expletive for "hefty load of steamy excrement" here).....

So I dropped my 6800 down a huuuuge set of stairs while at the Body Worlds exhibit last Sunday. The screen broke off, the case cracked in 3 places, and the screen totally shattered. I called Asurion on Tuesday to order a replacement device. They offered expedited shipping (next day) for $7, so I took that route. I was told it would be here yesterday. I called yesterday and a CSR confirmed it's being shipped with expedited shipping. It's now Friday and it's still not here. I called Asurion and asked them what's the scoop. Two CSRs told me if the phone doesn't arrive within the expedited shipping time frame, it will "automatically default" to regular ground shipping. At that point, I asked for a supervisor. He then told me the same thing PLUS all this talk about the warehouse being "backed up" from the Labor Day holiday. He also stated that at the time of my call, my device was in stock, and now it's not in stock. He said I won't be getting my device til mid next week sometime, but definitely by the end of next week. What's that all about?

hempy 09-06-2008 03:15 AM

Re: Get this (insert expletive for "hefty load of steamy excrement" here).....

Quote:

Originally Posted by wILLk0r3 818 (Post 405219)
So I dropped my 6800 down a huuuuge set of stairs while at the Body Worlds exhibit last Sunday. The screen broke off, the case cracked in 3 places, and the screen totally shattered. I called Asurion on Tuesday to order a replacement device. They offered expedited shipping (next day) for $7, so I took that route. I was told it would be here yesterday. I called yesterday and a CSR confirmed it's being shipped with expedited shipping. It's now Friday and it's still not here. I called Asurion and asked them what's the scoop. Two CSRs told me if the phone doesn't arrive within the expedited shipping time frame, it will "automatically default" to regular ground shipping. At that point, I asked for a supervisor. He then told me the same thing PLUS all this talk about the warehouse being "backed up" from the Labor Day holiday. He also stated that at the time of my call, my device was in stock, and now it's not in stock. He said I won't be getting my device til mid next week sometime, but definitely by the end of next week. What's that all about?

I went through something similar over the past 2 weeks with Asurion. Their shipping system is broken as hell and there is an insane lack of communication within their system. Every time I call I get different information. I was about to file a claim with the BBB to try and get some sort of resolution when a brand new Mogul showed up on my doorstep. I guess I could say I've been appeased. :)