PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2008, 03:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket
Threadstarter

amirborna is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: My phone has gone too far, I have to reflash and start from new...

I already ****ing hard-reseted it before 2 days after i baught my phone, it made it like it was new, but my phone and things didn't work.

This is a CRICKET flashed phone, I don't know how all of this works, but they modified the phone to work for for cricket.

If I hard-reset it, I will take that modification away....

That's the reason why I'm scared, so don't you guys get on hostile all me because your pissing me off.

Phone is modified to work with cricket service, I want to start from new, but to do that, I will lose the modification to work for cricket, BECAUSE I ALREADY HARD RESETED BEFORE, lost all cricket stuff, took it back to them they fixed it and they said you do it again u have to pay 50 dollars for us to fix it

So that's why I'm afraid. I want to hard reset and make it work with cricket, but all these guides are for sprint and ****.

That's why I'm asking for help.
Old 09-06-2008, 04:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

amirborna is a n00b

God I'm so frustrated you don't even know how I feel right now.

Is there any way, I can save my EVERYTHING CRICKET, reset the phone, and add it back?
It's just I don't want to lose my cricket stuff
Old 09-07-2008, 04:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 (Sprint Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

bakntyme is keeping up the good workbakntyme is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by amirborna View Post
I already ****ing hard-reseted it before 2 days after i baught my phone, it made it like it was new, but my phone and things didn't work.

This is a CRICKET flashed phone, I don't know how all of this works, but they modified the phone to work for for cricket.

If I hard-reset it, I will take that modification away....

That's the reason why I'm scared, so don't you guys get on hostile all me because your pissing me off.

Phone is modified to work with cricket service, I want to start from new, but to do that, I will lose the modification to work for cricket, BECAUSE I ALREADY HARD RESETED BEFORE, lost all cricket stuff, took it back to them they fixed it and they said you do it again u have to pay 50 dollars for us to fix it

So that's why I'm afraid. I want to hard reset and make it work with cricket, but all these guides are for sprint and ****.

That's why I'm asking for help.
Quote:
God I'm so frustrated you don't even know how I feel right now.

Is there any way, I can save my EVERYTHING CRICKET, reset the phone, and add it back?
It's just I don't want to lose my cricket stuff
Don't get mad at the people that are trying to help you. The things that usually need to be done after a ROM flash, but not usually after every hard reset, include OTA provisioning (I think you dial *228 for Cricket to initiate this), and setting the MDN and MSID. Some carriers (mainly Verizon) also require an A-key to be entered.

See the "Retrieve Provisioning Data" and "Verify Provisioning Data" portions of the first post in this thread:
An Easy Guide to Upgrading

None of these things should need to be done after a normal hard reset though I have heard that sometimes the A-key needs to be updated. If Cricket uses A-keys, you will have to call them to get the A-key each time, as it changes each time one is used.

You could also try calling the shop that modified the phone and ask them for a list of what needs to be done after a hard reset.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:47 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/TouchPro2
Carrier: T-Mo

reeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuff

read this.

http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1251812

was searching and heard on I think xda that there is a forum for cricket user with ppc's on howardforums. Thats where I found this. But its pretty much like I suspected.

I read it a little to see if it was something that would help you and it looked like it was on the right path. Theres 12 pages so it should get you your answers.

Good luck and its not nice to get mad at people trying to help you out. Nobody is gonna hold your hand in doing this. You just gotta read. Like myself and many others have done. If you dont understand a work or abreviation just google it.

Heres a few other threads that might interest you also.

to0's titan cricket rom. Just be sure you are VERY clear on the instructions before you do this.
http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1346010

The cricket pda forum on howard forums. Has 3 pages of info with all types of phones for use with cricket service.
http://howardforums.com/forumdisplay...0&daysprune=30
Old 09-07-2008, 02:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

amirborna is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeg420 View Post
read this.

was searching and heard on I think xda that there is a forum for cricket user with ppc's on howardforums. Thats where I found this. But its pretty much like I suspected.

I read it a little to see if it was something that would help you and it looked like it was on the right path. Theres 12 pages so it should get you your answers.

Good luck and its not nice to get mad at people trying to help you out. Nobody is gonna hold your hand in doing this. You just gotta read. Like myself and many others have done. If you dont understand a work or abreviation just google it.

to0's titan cricket rom. Just be sure you are VERY clear on the instructions before you do this.

The cricket pda forum on howard forums. Has 3 pages of info with all types of phones for use with cricket service.
XV6800 HAS 1. HKLM/Software/Arcsoft

SPRINT 6800 doesn't
Old 09-07-2008, 09:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ryox82 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to ryox82 Send a message via MSN to ryox82 Send a message via Yahoo to ryox82

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeg420 View Post
read this.

Wow....you were very nice there....I could not beleive I was reading the OP's reaction to people trying to help. To the OP....just take the time to read, word for word, the threads that people are linking you to. I went to crickets website www.mycricket.com ....if that is the right place, and didnt even see a titan listed....bah. Never the less, I have had my titan working on roms without any carrier software loaded so I don't understand why you are having these problems :-\
Old 09-07-2008, 11:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

amirborna is a n00b

Yes it's not I'm getting mad at them, well yes I am, but it's nothing THEY did actually. It's just me, I'm new to anything phone / ppc / ect.

It's hard because all these guides have this and that and I have no idea what they are. there are guides for XV6800 which is different settup than HTC Mogul, and it's just hard you know. like when I try to see Arcsoft and I don't have it, all these instructions one says this, one says that

All really I want to do right now is:
Totally reset my phone like new, take off all the sprint crap, and make my phone work with cricket like I have right now

So...

Hardreset phone, fix ****ty errors i have, and make it work with cricket still

because I baught my phone pre-work with cricket
Old 09-08-2008, 02:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Yes it's not I'm getting mad at them, well yes I am, but it's nothing THEY did actually. It's just me, I'm new to anything phone / ppc / ect.

It's hard because all these guides have this and that and I have no idea what they are. there are guides for XV6800 which is different settup than HTC Mogul, and it's just hard you know. like when I try to see Arcsoft and I don't have it, all these instructions one says this, one says that

All really I want to do right now is:
Totally reset my phone like new, take off all the sprint crap, and make my phone work with cricket like I have right now

So...

Hardreset phone, fix ****ty errors i have, and make it work with cricket still

because I baught my phone pre-work with cricket

Simple dude... Read like instructed and and work through it...

OR

Buy official phones from your carrier and keep it on Stock roms if you don't wan't the hassle of learning.

No one here has a job to baby you through it.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

amirborna is a n00b

ive been linked to many places but they all say something different
-.-
Old 09-08-2008, 04:15 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/TouchPro2
Carrier: T-Mo

reeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuff

Yo...

This thread right here seems to be the most relevant to flashing a mogul to cricket. That rom IS specifically built for cricket. Though you have to request a key from to0. Which I dont understand. He builds it off dcd's roms which is freely distributed and makes people jump through hoops to get his. ??

The arcsoft program you are talking about is an mms program. Thing is, is that from sprint moguls do not really have any easy way to send mms messages (picture messages). Due to the fact that it was disabled on ppc's by sprint. However verizon and other phone companies still have an integrated way to mms.

MMS thru sprint.
Has to be sent thru and received thru their picture mail site.

MMS on other carriers.
messages are sent and received right through the handset.

Now since cricket doesnt and probably never will have ppc's in there line up. It looks like arcsoft is added to support mms messages similar to work arounds used by sprint users.
Sprint users also use arcsoft or other mms programs like sMMS, and nueMMS to avoid the hassle of using the picture mail site. Though those programs usually still use the picture mail site its alot more convenient to use.

to0's rom is a build from dcd's rom. dcd is a well know rom builder that sets up his roms to work with all carriers due to his setup. All his roms are carrier generic meaning that it can be used on all carriers. Then after the rom loads you have to install the correct carrier cab for your service.
This is what I was gonna recommend to you at first but he didnt have the carrier cabs loaded in the ftp. That and Im not completely sure on the whole process since Im on sprint.

From what I understand these are the directions.

Flash the newest sprint rom. Currently 3.56, with radio 3.42. This rom is wm6.1 and has gps which you should already have.
After the rom loads for the first time. DO NOT install customizations. This is what makes a sprint phone a sprint phone. YOU HAVE TO RESET BEFORE THIS HAPPENS or its a mess. AS the today screen loads get your stylus ready to soft reset. When the today screen load you will see a box come up Running Customizations in 3 seconds...Soft reset before this happens. It wont count down from 3 like it used to but it still will happen in 3 seconds.

Now Im not completely sure about this but you might be able to install dcd's carrier cab for cricket at this time. And your all set. The carrier cab basically installs the stuff you need just as if the customizations happened. In to0's cricket rom the customizations that run prepare phone for cricket and not sprint.

After those steps if you wanted a custom rom. Which have less junk on them and are generally faster the official roms.

Install nueSPL 2.47. This unlocks the phone to accept custom roms.

Flash dcd's latest rom.

Install dcd's carrier cab.

Then you probably have to install arcsoft mms or a similar program. They should be available easily on here or a google search might be easier to find.

I still cant find dcd's carrier cabs. Seems they are still not up. Is all Im seeing in his links is an Alltel carrier cab. Apparently there was a problem with a couple of them not working properly so he might have taken them all down and is uploading them as they are done.

Here is the link for dcd's newest rom.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...75#post2559168

and the link for nueSPL. Just make sure you download nueSPL not nueSPL relocker. It is an exe file it run directly on the ppc.
http://www.nuerom.com/BlogEngine/pag...HTC-Titan.aspx

Another option that has cricket customizations is the ppckitchen. Available here.
http://www.ppckitchen.org
Go to the manual downloads tab and download BuildOS.msi. This will install the ppckitchen on your pc. This maybe a little more advanced than you are ready for but is really easy.
Simple instructions.
Install ppckitchen.
Load it up. It might have to update before it loads. Let it do what it says.
In the top bar there is a carriers pull down menu. Choose cricket.
Pick the programs you want to be built into your rom. From here you probably should choose arcoft or a similar mms program.
Also choose your splash screens that you want.

Start small until you get familiar with it.

When you are all done press the play button in the top left and it will do the rest.

With this method you will have to still install the latest sprint rom. Make sure you DONT INSTALL CUSTOMIZATIONS. Then unlock with nueSPL 2.47.
After the ppckitchen does it stuff your phone should work the way you want (in theory).

But just a little something to calm you down. It is extremely hard to brick a mogul. The SPL's used (olipro 2.40 and nueSPL 2.47 for the newer roms) are pretty much not only a way to unlock and load custom roms but from what I understand it almost protect the phone from really getting messed up.
So I would say the most important thing you can get out of this post to make it easier for you is DONT RUN SPRINT CUSTOMIZATIONS.

The sprint rom is needed to upgrade a couple of things on the phone prior to unlocking and loading up custom roms. That is why you are loading a sprint rom first.

Hope this helps. And Ill try to help you as much as possible but it really is an easy process and I think some of us forget what its like to be a noob. Ive been around for a while ever since the AKU 3.5 kitchen rom days for my apache.

Also there is alot of useless or contradicting info in threads. But usually if you continue reading the thread the statement will be disproved or changed. So like I was saying read, read, read. lol

Yah I know it sucks cuz I hate reading too but when it comes to a $300 piece of electronics you dont want it to become a $300 paper weight.

Also xda-developers has a wiki site for the titan that might help you out with some of the terminology that is used.
Here that is.
http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...name=HTC_Titan

Good Luck.

Check your pm too.

Last edited by reeg420; 09-08-2008 at 05:20 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan