PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2008, 10:56 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon changing ESN questions

I have changed & activated new phones on my Verizon account a few times with no problems.

I recently bought a 2nd XV6800 so I can play with it/crack it/update ROMS etc without worrying about "bricking" the phone I use for work everyday.

I figure whenever I think I have it working how I want, I will activate it. If it then doesn't work right, I can always swap to my highly customized (but working perfectly) existing unit.

Does anybody know if Verizon has any problem if you switch ESN's constantly?? (I don't know why they would). I know a buddy of mine always swaps to a beat up BU phone when he is going out to a wild party & then swaps back to his mint phone the next day........

~John
Old 09-04-2008, 11:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: Verizon changing ESN questions

I used to have 3 6700s and changed ESNs online all the time and never had an issue. It did confuse the hell out of them when I called for issues or insurance claims though.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:47 AM
ONE GIANT LEAP 4 MANKIND
Pocket PC: VERIZON DROID 1.2GHz BB.8

bbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

no problems swap away!!!
Old 09-04-2008, 11:52 AM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

This can be done with sprint online also, right? If so, or if it's similar to verizons methods, can someone explain how its done, please? Is there a fee? Does the service take long to get switched? Any help would be greatly appreciated. thx, dschoenike

Old 09-04-2008, 12:17 PM
VIP Member

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
This can be done with sprint online also, right?
It can be done online and is preferred for several reasons.

Quote:
If so, or if it's similar to verizons methods, can someone explain how its done, please?
Simply go online and sign into your acct and you will have to find the link in there to change it. For us VZW users it is under Add/Change Equipment

Quote:
Is there a fee?
No, not if you do it online. If you call and have them do it then there is a fee, again, one of the reasons you wanna do it online

Quote:
Does the service take long to get switched?
For me and all the many times I have done it, it is instant. I switch the devices online and by the time I power up the device it is ready to go. I then go and update PRL just to make sure everything is up to date.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:38 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Wow, big thanks to you for the answer. I really appreciate that. I was hoping it would be that easy. I had read stories about having to go through an online chat type process with a sprint representative, in order to switch esn's. I'm thinkin' what i read may have been a little dated. Gonna try it tonight. Thanks again, dschoenike
Old 09-04-2008, 12:58 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
I then go and update PRL just to make sure everything is up to date.

I am not familiar with this, please explain how this is done??

TIA,
~John
Old 09-04-2008, 02:00 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I am not familiar with this, please explain how this is done??

TIA,
~John
For VZW you simply dial *228 and option 1 to activate the phone and option 2 to update PRL
Old 11-10-2008, 01:52 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Yeah I always cheanged ESN's. For hard work on Saturadys as I was not about to take my Good 6700 out there so I would activate the older one and take that. That is one of the reasons why being GSM over CDMA would be nice...

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.

Last edited by PDAPhoneJunkie; 11-10-2008 at 01:54 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:39 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I have done it a ton of times since that original post with no problems except for one thing:

Every single time a vz rep calls to thank me for "buying a new phone" & telling me to call if I have any problems........

I guess they might feel a little differently if they knew the phone was bought from ebay & immediately flashed to nueROM3........

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan