PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2008, 10:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I just did my first ROM flash & have a few ??

I use an XV6800 on Verizon. I had made plenty of tweaks to it, installed a ton of programs etc, but I never had the nerve to reflash the thing as I need it for work every day & if I "bricked it" it would be a total disaster.

I decided to buy a 2nd 6800 to play with & not activate it until I got it customized to my liking. I picked up a mint 6800 from a guy who switched to Sprint to save some $ & started messing with it.

I unlocked it, then installed radio 3.42.50 & dcd 3.2.6 ROM & everything went perfectly after I figured out how to get out of a "frozen in the boot-loader" condition. I then installed a Verizon carrier cab & Arcsoft mms.

I have WM 6.1 & everything seems to work perfectly. I originally tried to restore a recent BU I had made with SPB Backup in "ROM update" mode, but that didn't work well at all. I also had a recent Sprite BU & restoring that really didn't work either so I slowly rebuilt/restored all my programs from scratch.

Under settings/system/device information it now says:

ROM version: dcd 3.3.6
ROM date: 08/22/08
Radio version: 3.42.50
Protocol version: DCAAXOM-4350H
Hardware version: 0003
PRL version: 50949
PRI version: 1.35_002
Browser version MSIE 6.0
ESN: ********
Current User name: 0000000369@vzw3g.com
ERI version: 4

I am basically ready to activate it with Verizon. I will go to verizonwireless.com & do an ESN swap which is simple (I have done it a bunch of times). My question is, what else do I need to do at that point to make sure my phone & unlimited data work correctly???

TIA guys, I LOVE this site.......
~John
Old 09-10-2008, 02:13 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Re: I just did my first ROM flash & have a few ??

Anybody??

~John
Old 09-10-2008, 02:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Anybody??

~John
Thats about it. There really is nothing else. Just test the phone after the ESN swap. You should be fine. I have done it at least 10 times this past few weeks. If you have any problems post them and I and am sure others will try to help if you run into any issues.

Good luck!
Old 09-10-2008, 03:00 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
Thats about it. There really is nothing else. !
OK, thanks. I thought I had read that it would need a new A-key or something else after a swap like this.

I will try it tonight, heck even if it doesn't work I can always immediately swap back to the original ESN.

I know the GPS works in the new unit, I started the HTC GPS helper app this morning & within probably two minutes it had a solid green lock on five satellites.

~John
Old 09-10-2008, 04:16 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

You will basically be assigned an akey when you have it activated. The akey issue I believe is happening only with phones that were already activated when the new Radio ROM is added.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 09-11-2008, 07:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Yeah, the worse thing I can think of is having to call the carrier and get the A-Key reassigned as GaMedic said. It is something most of us have had to do at some point
Old 09-11-2008, 10:47 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaMedic View Post
The akey issue I believe is happening only with phones that were already activated when the new Radio ROM is added.
That must be, because I activated the ESN last night then did a *228 option 1 & 2 & everything works perfectly.

I couldn't believe it when Google maps got a 5 sattelite GPS lock & showed my house while the phone was on my kitchen table (my Garmin units won't do that)

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan