PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2008, 02:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

shanek1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tasks Sync to Exchange Server with Wrong Date

Problem:

The issue I am having is syncing tasks between my Sprint Mogul (3.56 ROM/WM 6.1) and Exchange Server 2007. If I enter a new start/end date on an existing task from the phone, it will sometimes sync to the Exchange server a day off and sometimes up to a week off while remaining correct on the phone. This does not occur when entering a new task with a start and due date. When editing the task via Outlook 2007 or the Exchange web client the tasks sync fine to both the phone and Exchange server. It appears the issue only occurs with task as contacts, calendar and email entries sync fine both directions. I can edit the task notes or subject fields from the phone and these will sync fine with the Exchange server.

Attempts to correct:

I have deleted all the tasks (only around 60) and manually recreated them.

Unchecked sync tasks and rechecked tasks to sync from both the phone and WMDC.

Verified the timezone is the same on both the phone and the Exchange server.

Performed a hard reset on the phone.

Deleted/recreated the sync partnership.

This seems to have started after migrating from Exchange 2003 with 1and1.com to Exchange 2007 with Sherweb Exchange hosting.

I am at a loss on what could be causing this or what else to try. I am certainly open to suggestions.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

shanek1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tasks Sync to Exchange Server with Wrong Date

I have narrowed this down some although no solution as of yet.

If I change one task date and sync, it syncs correctly. If I change 2 tasks with 2 different dates and sync they both sync to the earliest task date. If I change the task date and sync and change another task date and sync all is fine. All of my tasks are set with the same start and due date.

It looks as though I cannot change multiple tasks without syncing each one individually to get the correct dates.

I have even gone so far as to switch back to my original Exchange host and a complete hard reset of my phone with no change in situation.

If anyone has the slightest clue as to what would be causing this, please let me know.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan