PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2008, 12:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc 6800
Carrier: Alltel

Selltech is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Selltech
I need some help

I am very sorry in advance if these topics have already been discussed, but i have been searching this forum for 4+ hours now and have come up with nothing. First of all, some times when i'm using the key board the back light doesn't even come on, or it will and i'll close it then open it again and it wont work. Second of all I was wondering how do I get my, HTC usb to reg (I think it's 3.5, "the larger one") headphone jack to work. I can be listening to music play out my phone speaker then i'll plug it in, the sound cuts out on the phone, but i have nothing through my jack. ??? Some one was telling me that there was a simple fix by modding my adapter and that this was a glich in the programming.?. I'm not sure. I just got my 6800 on the 8-20-8. Please help if you can and again i'm sorry if either of these have already been discussed.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker
Re: I need some help

As far as the keyboard, check the back light settings, if it is all the way down the keyboard will not light, as far as the usb, make sure you have the adapter that fills the entire shape of that slot, regular usb to headphone jack doesnt work.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 08-29-2008, 02:09 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Selltech is a n00b

I checked my backlight settings and they both are all the way turned up. About the usb. I have made sure that it works by testing it on the alltel store demo 6800. It worked just fine. I could hear all the sound through my headphones. The only thing that was diif about the demo and mine was that it was running on an older rom from ( I think it said ) 6-22-07. or something like that and mine is running on version 3.35.671.9 from 4-9-08. I dont know. Thanks though for reminding me about the back light settings!
Old 08-29-2008, 02:14 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selltech View Post
some times when i'm using the key board the back light doesn't even come on, or it will and i'll close it then open it again and it wont work.
Check Settings - Personal - Buttons.
Go to the last tab "Backlight" and uncheck the box.

Your second issue sorry never heard of it.

Last edited by Lsme420; 08-29-2008 at 04:12 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:30 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Selltech is a n00b

THANKS A LOT Lsme420!!!!!!!!!! My first Prob is solved!!!!! Now for the annoying second one.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:32 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Not a problem.
Welcome Here.............
Old 09-01-2008, 11:37 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Selltech is a n00b

Your prob going to laugh and think i'm stupid, but... is this why my usb to headphone jack is not working?? how do i know if i have this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arik View Post
No, the upgrade Alltel released a few months back was mainly a Radio upgrade so REV A would work. At the time WM 6.1 was not yet out.
If you look at Sprint, they waited for 6.1 to come out and then soon after released an update that upgraded the radios for REV A and installed 6.1.
Any 6.1 on the Alltel Touch as of now are not official releases, and were put together by some hardworking people that you can find using this forum.
Im still new at the whole thing and dont know what a lot of things mean. I HATE BEING A NEWBIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-02-2008, 12:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 & Touch Pro

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

its not the rom.

did ur phone come with the 3.5mm adaptor? mine didnt. it came with a 'Y' adaptor, but only has 2.5mm out.

something to try. pull the audio 'cylinder' connector out just a little but, then a little more, try that while musicis playing.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:10 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Selltech is a n00b

I Found The Problem!!!!!!!Rock on! After doing hours of research and a little nudge in the right direction from a friend, I finally fixed my problem. It wasnt my phone at all it was my adapter. From factory it was wired wrong. This never made any diff with older version but the new version freaks out when it "sees" the problem. Here is the link to how I fixed it for those stuggling with the same prob. ENJOY
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=376623

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan