PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2008, 04:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Was Using 6800
Carrier: Was alltel

ephone1 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Alltel GPS with A-GPS - super fast lockon

I read this post while I was flashing my phone (Alltel). I put these setting in as soon as I finished the flash - I got a lock on 8 satellites in 10 seconds indoors. It took me minutes outside prior. Awesome find! Thanks!
Old 09-03-2008, 05:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint

ambush276 is a n00b

confirm these instructs work on VZW??
Old 09-03-2008, 05:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 & Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

housekeeping

yes, works with verizon and other carriers as well. see post #2.

Last edited by shadow-tech; 10-02-2008 at 01:07 PM. Reason: housekeeping
Old 09-03-2008, 05:48 PM
Lurker

yesimjeremy is a n00b
Exclamation Re: Alltel GPS with A-GPS - super fast lockon

i've been working on getting my gps working on my vzw xv6800 but haven't made much progress. the device recognizes that it has a gps, appears to search for sats but never manages to make a connection to a single satelite! i've used the stock setting and followed all instructions in the forum and resourced information from various other forums. flashed the rom a few times to reset all changes and still haven't managed to get a lock on anything up there.

Last edited by yesimjeremy; 09-03-2008 at 05:54 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Was Using 6800
Carrier: Was alltel

ephone1 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesimjeremy View Post
i've been working on getting my gps working on my vzw xv6800 but haven't made much progress. the device recognizes that it has a gps, appears to search for sats but never manages to make a connection to a single satelite! i've used the stock setting and followed all instructions in the forum and resourced information from various other forums. flashed the rom a few times to reset all changes and still haven't managed to get a lock on anything up there.
Looks like someone figured it out for vzw on xda-developers:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=423231
Old 09-03-2008, 06:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

ajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuff

shadow: i followed the steps right, but when i look in my device manager there is no "ports" on there. im using an xp comp, and i can also confirm to you that it wont work on vista.

any idea why theres no ports showing up for me on the device manager?

also, when i dial ##3424 it does nothing... just comes up with that "we could not complete your call as dialed, please check the number......"

Last edited by ajm144k; 09-03-2008 at 06:19 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

ajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow-tech View Post
ok I will help you but it DOES work on xp. did u by chance mean Vista?

ok then try #3424, ##3424#, #3424#.

also, 3rd party dialers can cause that part not to work.

there is another to get ur phone in daignostic mode.

ill post it in here in a sec.

yeah sorry i meant vista. and i didnt really try too hard on my vista comp but it will require some other steps or somethign if it is even possible for it to work.

none of those 3424 numbers worked either, same guy telling me that he cannot complete my call as dialed...

im using dcd 3.2.6 and in the kitchen i did not select either of the the titan or vogue dialer skin options, so its just the normal old dialer skin. not using any other 3rd party dialer either.

i thought there was a way to edit the qpst directly from your phone, by dialing something like ##777# but i tried all combinations of that and couldnt bring up that qpst screen (i know ive done it a few times in the past, but i can never remember what the heck the number is to access it right from my phone)
Old 09-03-2008, 06:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Ok u CAN use task manager from the 1st post.
Here:
http://www.dotfred.net/TM/TaskMgrv3.1_WM2005.zip

download that. put it on ur phone. i dont think it installs. so run it from where u copied it to.
once u get task manager loaded up on ur phone:

1. click on 'actions'
2. click on 'run a program'
3. under 'Open:' click the '...' button to browse for a program
4. expand the 'Windows' Folder
5. scroll down and click 'DmRouter.exe' then click 'Done'
6. under 'Extra parameters' enter /DIAG
7. Click 'Done'

do this whenever the tutorial asks you to do the ##3424 step.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint TP; XV6900 before; XV6700 first
Carrier: was Verizon, now saving on Sprint

fredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stuff

Question - when it's writing to phone, how long does that take. Mine says "online, from phone" in the Service Program window, but nothing seems to be happening.

edit: I should add that the "Write to Phone" is greyed out, but nothing happened with the bar across the top like when it read from the phone.

Last edited by fredcatsmommy; 09-03-2008 at 07:05 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

there is a progress bar at the top of the screen. it doesnt take too long like 20 secs

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan