PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2008, 02:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 & Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Alltel GPS with A-GPS - super fast lockon

looks like we got the bell pde server info. its on post #2 of this thread.

Last edited by shadow-tech; 09-12-2008 at 06:38 PM.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC PPC-6800

Psitech is a n00b

Thanks shadow-tech and gc14!!!!

I just gave this a try and it works great. I got a very fast lock and getting 9 sats from inside my house. Before this fix it wouldn't lock at all from inside the house.

Awesome Fix!
Old 09-12-2008, 03:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6.0
Carrier: Alltel MP6900

Stevevo is just getting started

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...VerizonAGPSFix

Here is the verizon instructions I found on XDA-Developers which is pretty much just like the ones here. They do show screen shots of each step of the fix.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

yeah. i have a had a link to that on my 1st post since day 1. actually i think my link goes to xda then his 1st post has that link. if u follow my link to xda u will see 50 pages of discussion we have had over there. my directions are different. i believe we should be using position calculation = mobile and gpsmode=2. that is where we differ. i want my gps to work well even if im not near a tower. thats why i use the settings i recommend. if u read my 1st post near the bottom it gives the explanation.
Old 09-12-2008, 06:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Bell Touch Pro, Telus P5310 (NEON400)
Carrier: Bell, Telus

88fingerslukee is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadge View Post
Does anyone know if there are are PDE information available for Bell? Those Blackberries that include GPS must have some way of helping them lock faster.

I don't imagine that it's possible for me, as a Bell user, to use another provider's, say Telus's (which likely use the same towers) PDE servers, is it?

There is PDE info for Bell:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=419855&page=2

PDE IP Address: 206.47.201.75
PDE Port number: 8888
PDE Transport: IP
Position Calculation: PDE

I'm on Bell and I'm experiencing locks indoors which NEVER happened before. 10 sats too. It's amazing.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 (from Titan)
Carrier: Verizon(Alltel)

csper is just getting started

I just joined. I had performed the Titan fix previously and it didn't help much, if at all. This works very well, getting locks within 10 sec inside, but it really only worked for me with PDE mode, not mobile.

Just a data point.

Thanks for the great info.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

you may have not given it enough time in mobile mode. it takes about 10 seconds longer. it would recommend it. but i suppose use what ever works.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 (from Titan)
Carrier: Verizon(Alltel)

csper is just getting started

It was taking the normal several minutes to lock in mobile mode. Maybe I didn't have something quite right. I'll change it back tomorrow and see how it goes.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:56 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/TouchPro2
Carrier: T-Mo

reeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuff

This works great on Sprint. Just as how it says to do it.

Only issue Im having is iGo8 locks up if I dont run either GPS Viewer or FreeCaddie first. This only happens after a soft reset. Say I open FreeCaddie, close Freecaddie. Then when I open iGo it runs and gets locks ridiculously fast. Now if in 15 minutes I run iGo8 again it opens the same way. However if I soft reset then try to run iGo8 it hangs on the starting screen.

I also had to set the baud rate to auto. If I set it to anything else it would freeze right at that screen.

Ive been testing this the last couple of days and its really accurate. I was figuring that it might loose at least a little accuracy but its pretty much dead on. Tried it yesterday on my course and compared it to my buddys range finder, it was within a yard or two.
I also just came home from work this morning and set iGo8 to get me home and it worked great.

Great find shadow tech. Maybe the issue with iGo8 freezing will be fixed. Seems to me that the gps is on and iGo8 sees it but it really is not and it just sits there trying to read it.

The combination of this and no2chem's nueRom3 makes iGo stay open and works perfect. Before it would shut down due to low memory. But I was also only getting 18mb after soft reset and having GPS Viewer and iGo8 open would eat that up. Now Im getting 28mb after soft reset (and thats running SPB mobile shell and s2u2) and not having GPS Viewer open it leaves plenty of memory left.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:06 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

That could be why it is freezing, no RAM. I so want to try nueROM3.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan