PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2008, 09:38 PM
Lurker

m2dakang is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I need a quick explanation

Hey everyone. Recently I've been looking to get the 6800/Mogul/Titan. I've been wondering about unlocking the GPS which I found tons of information on. But they all use terms I'm not familiar with. I've Googled and used the Search feature here for a while with no success.

Can someone please define what DCDs, ROMs, and Kitchens are and their purpose?

I'm a sophomore in college and do a lot of running around the surrounding counties of my city so I'd need the GPS. I'd also like an Instant Messaging and the NIV version of the Bible. I was told it already allows text and picture messaging and wifi so no need to mention those lol.

Any advice will be appreciated, thanks
Old 09-02-2008, 10:21 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: I need a quick explanation

I have a tutorial in my signature that will answer a lot of your questions. It has the most current up to date info on unlocking and making your own ROM with the kitchen. The kitchen is just a program you can use to make your own ROM for your device.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 09-02-2008, 10:39 PM
ONE GIANT LEAP 4 MANKIND
Pocket PC: VERIZON DROID 1.2GHz BB.8
Carrier: Verizon

bbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

when you decide to unlock your phone read this: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36327

as far as the Rom to install, that my friend is a personal choice, you can always try both of them or all of them here in ppcgeeks.com
Old 09-02-2008, 10:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

NYCDito is a n00b

as far as NIV bible, you can get it but it'll cost you about $30...i just downloaded tonight the KJV,KJV with red lettering, A Spanish bible, Strongs Dictionary, and the English standard version, all for free from E-sword.com...no problems at all with these apps...the program also lets you compare and use a parallel feature, check it out...took only a couple of minutes...
Old 09-02-2008, 10:47 PM
ONE GIANT LEAP 4 MANKIND
Pocket PC: VERIZON DROID 1.2GHz BB.8
Carrier: Verizon

bbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCDito View Post
as far as NIV bible, you can get it but it'll cost you about $30...i just downloaded tonight the KJV,KJV with red lettering, A Spanish bible, Strongs Dictionary, and the English standard version, all for free from E-sword.com...no problems at all with these apps...the program also lets you compare and use a parallel feature, check it out...took only a couple of minutes...
e sword is the best and you can download some versions for free. i believe you have to pay for the one you want.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: Sprint

philliyxx is keeping up the good workphilliyxx is keeping up the good workphilliyxx is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to philliyxx

Here's just a quick explanation.

Basically you have ROMS( similar to like an operating system ie-mac,pc) Flashing-Installing your rom, and cooking-making your custom rom.

the Kitchens are programs to customize your rom, basically add programs remove programs. Then theres people who make custome roms already built, like if you want your phone running exactly like theirs. Some popular people are No2Chem,DCD, NexVision, then they also make kitchens for their custom roms.

On a side note I was a firm believer and user of Nochems but Im running the DCD kitchen 3.2.6 and that is so clean and fast it blasted away the 5067 kitchen I was running.

Last edited by philliyxx; 09-02-2008 at 10:58 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:51 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

m2dakang is a n00b

Great! This has been all helpful!

So is it hard to build the ROM? Or should I just find someone that'll make it?

Can the 6800 be tethered? I have the enV now and am thinking about upgrading but I really enjoy the VZNav and tethering for FREE! Lol.

Last edited by m2dakang; 09-03-2008 at 11:14 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan