PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Memory running low (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36302)

rev800x 09-02-2008 09:39 AM

Memory running low

Is there any way to get more memory out of the 6800? I have plenty of storage space but keep running out of program memory. Is there a way to get programs to run on the MicroSD card? I love this phone but hate how fast the program memory can be eaten up. The biggest problem is that the camera takes up so much memory to run. Any suggestions??

weedahoe 09-02-2008 10:05 AM

Re: Memory running low

You can get some apps to run on the card and most will work just fine as long as they are not needed all the time or have plugins on the the today screen. IDK about these issues on the 68 but it was a big NO-NO to run apps of the card if they run constantly in the background or are needed as soon as the phone is pulled out of sleep. Ringers and tones were not to be on the card either because of latency issues. Also, get a memory manager that will CLOSE the app and give you back that memory and not just minimize the app and leave it running in the background.

Goddbody 09-02-2008 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weedahoe (Post 401237)
You can get some apps to run on the card and most will work just fine as long as they are not needed all the time or have plugins on the the today screen. IDK about these issues on the 68 but it was a big NO-NO to run apps of the card if they run constantly in the background or are needed as soon as the phone is pulled out of sleep. Ringers and tones were not to be on the card either because of latency issues. Also, get a memory manager that will CLOSE the app and give you back that memory and not just minimize the app and leave it running in the background.

Seems to me you are running apps in the background. Also, you need to clean up your pocket pc just like a regular pc. You need to delete the cookies and history items from any browsers that you are using..
if you send text messages get rid of all old text, and old mms files if you send pictures etc... check out my ppc maintenance tutorial.

rev800x 09-02-2008 11:06 AM

Using a task manager it is showing that I have ~ 22MB worth of apps running but my ppc says I have only 4MB of memory left out of 49MB. So where is the rest of the 27MB of memory at???

Darkness231 09-02-2008 11:18 AM

The Operating System is hogging the rest.

CozBoogie 09-02-2008 11:19 AM

Get either MemMaid or SKTools to keep your ppc happy.

late,
Coz

darren.wlsn1 09-02-2008 11:29 AM

big +1 for memmaid and sktools. i had the same problem awhile back and coz told me the same advice and now no problems with memory. thanx coz! (or mr. top poster) lol

schettj 09-02-2008 11:46 AM

And seriously, normal WM6/6.1 eats a LOT of ram, for a device with 64MB its not at all unusual to have 18-22MB free right after a reset, with it dropping to 15-18MB free after a day or so, with all apps closed but all of the various drivers loaded and buffers allocated.

Thats why devices with 128MB ram run so much better ;)

Adrianh85 09-02-2008 12:03 PM

or u could change ur page pool size in build os to 8 or 10 that may help

rev800x 09-02-2008 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schettj (Post 401320)
And seriously, normal WM6/6.1 eats a LOT of ram, for a device with 64MB its not at all unusual to have 18-22MB free right after a reset, with it dropping to 15-18MB free after a day or so, with all apps closed but all of the various drivers loaded and buffers allocated.

Thats why devices with 128MB ram run so much better ;)

After resetting I still only have 4-5MB of program memory. What is eating up all of the memory? Storage shows I have 73MB available. I don't get it. Like I said, task manager has 23MB of apps running.