PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2008, 02:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800

G-Man255 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Removal of sprint customizations & PRI 2.04_033 xv6800 guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpimp420 View Post
- On a side note. has this guide helped anyone do this successfully???? if so please post a thanks or something. A would do!
I was of the lucky ones who will require help with the PRI removal. I just bought the xv6800 and like a good user (and blind fool) I upgraded to the latest and greatest VZW ROM and Raido and thus now have no public / third party GPS capability.

So now begins my journey through this PRI reflash nightmare.

With that said I freely volunteer myself as a guinea pig for the "Trimp Method" and will provide feedback based on my experiences.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: yemen mobile

ramses77 is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to ramses77

thank you man i did it again and it is work and by the way my phone is sprint and now i can install any rom for verizon
Old 09-22-2008, 01:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint TouchPro
Carrier: Verizon

jdin6800 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jdin6800

I have a verizon xv6800 and accidentally let the Sprnit customizations install. Since I couldn't make calls, but before I read this, I reverted back to the verizon rom and radio that come with the phone but the phone would not "authenticate" and CSRs assured me it was simply a programming error. The phone would continually fail to program. I moved my service back to my 755p so that I could have a phone while I fixed the titan, and eventually found this very useful article.

THANK YOU.

I have just fully completed step 3 and can make calls (I don't have/want a data plan, so I am not sure how to test if data is working) and receive them. Is my problem over? I have the proper PRI, am authenticated, programmed, and the phone seems fully functional. It seems like steps 1-3 fixed my problem... do I need to do the rest? I do want to install custom roms soon, so is it necessary that I follow the rest of the instructions to reach my goal?

Thanks again. I thought I was in hot water.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro!, Xv6800, Mogul, and xv6700
Carrier: All on Verizon (even TP)
Threadstarter

Tpimp420 is becoming a great contributor
Smile Re: Removal of sprint customizations & PRI 2.04_033 xv6800 guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdin6800 View Post
I have a verizon xv6800 and accidentally let the Sprnit customizations install. Since I couldn't make calls, but before I read this, I reverted back to the verizon rom and radio that come with the phone but the phone would not "authenticate" and CSRs assured me it was simply a programming error. The phone would continually fail to program. I moved my service back to my 755p so that I could have a phone while I fixed the titan, and eventually found this very useful article.

THANK YOU.

I have just fully completed step 3 and can make calls (I don't have/want a data plan, so I am not sure how to test if data is working) and receive them. Is my problem over? I have the proper PRI, am authenticated, programmed, and the phone seems fully functional. It seems like steps 1-3 fixed my problem... do I need to do the rest? I do want to install custom roms soon, so is it necessary that I follow the rest of the instructions to reach my goal?

Thanks again. I thought I was in hot water.
You're welcome. And yes if you would like to install custom roms and keep the from returning to the "ROAMING" because of the sprint customizations. I believe you must follow the steps exact to get it to work. However, if someone is happy with having the original wm6 stock vzw rom on their device they could stop at step 3. especially if they didnt need data.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800

azrael201 is a n00b

this worked for me thanks!

only thing is i would say is you should be specific for noobs like me what reprogramming means. i assumed it was *228 1 but who knows but it's working for me. i'm guessing steps 4 and 5 is to get Data working? although data was working before step 4 i mean you said to check it right? but i thought steps 4 and 5 were to just install the carrier cab for data on custom roms which i'm sure you could've just told people to go ahead with custom rom after 3?

oh well i did it all and not too bad. good job and the thread was hard to find.

also i didn't know how to install the cab. i had to search around for a bit and found out you just copy the file over and open it in the phone.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:06 AM
Lurker

2xtreme is a n00b

i got to step 3 and had VZW rep reprogram the phone with ##778 and reenter the Akey. phone calls worked at that point but once I tried to run to the MR1 update it got to 11% and the phone resets to the red green blue screen spl 1.2 olipro and the computer software freezes. HELP!
Old 03-02-2009, 07:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800

azrael201 is a n00b

do you really need to reenter Akeys? i thought you can just use *228 to reprogram. I don't know what the MR1 update is. sorry.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:46 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Doing *22899 will work just fine. The A-Key is usally not needed. If it is then you will need a good reason to convice a Verizon rep to get it to you. If you just call in asking for a new A-Key they will become suspicious, because you know more than the average Joe Blow.

Tell them "I hard reset my phone and now it says it can not authenticate the call when I try to dial out".

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan