PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   incoming call issue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36291)

kayem954 09-02-2008 02:26 AM

incoming call issue

I have a XV6800 and I recently encountered an issue with my incoming calls. It would help if I could pin-point the moment it started to occur but I'm not really sure. I have thoroughly searched for other posts describing similar problems but I've had no luck. Some vogue users are having difficulty answering calls, but my issue is rather different. Here is what happens:

Phone is sitting on desk. Screen lights up and the little phone is displayed in the top bar above the signal meter. Additionally, the left softkey changes to display "Call Status" I receive no further incoming call notification.. no caller ID box.. no ring... no vibration... nothing. I cannot answer the call either. The talk button does nothing. The left softkey brings up the phone app (displaying the screen without the keypad, but there is nothing displayed regarding the call.

Here is what I have done: When I realized there was problem i was running a cooked 20270 ROM. S2U2 (most recent version) would display caller ID but I couldn't answer. I then uninstalled S2U2, but the problem persisted. I had recently installed Seven's beta email program and thought that may have been the culprit as it may have been tying up the data connection... uninstallation suggested otherwise since I was still missing calls. I decided to flash 20273. I installed some apps (including Seven, but excluding S2U2) then I missed another call. I have since cooked three 20273 ROMs with various configurations (the most recent being totally bare-bones), performed multiple hard resets, and refrained from installing any programs. The issue hasn't changed.

*note: I have never installed Advanced Config (which created problems for the Vogue users from what I read).

Sorry for the long winded post... Thank you to those who took the time to read it. I feel like I am at a dead-end with no resolution in sight since I have stripped out everything unnecessary and still continue to have problems immediately after a hard reset.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

-Kyle

shaggylive 09-02-2008 03:04 AM

Re: incoming call issue

have you noticed if there is active (semi-active) data when the call comes in... I sometimes have issues answering calls if my data is not already disconnected..

kayem954 09-02-2008 06:03 AM

That was my initial concern (and the reason I removed Seven) but I am still having a problem immediately after a hard reset with no active (or semi-active) data connection.

chuchizwifey 09-02-2008 12:28 PM

mine often does the same, I have the latest 6.1 from htc, nothing much installed. my past 2 moguls have had the same issue. im curious to see what the issue is!

Turnkeys 09-02-2008 07:06 PM

Is it possible that activesync is loading and grabbing a connection? Any culprits in \windows\startup? Have you tried completely clearing your today screen?

I used to have this issue, and I'm pretty sure it was data related. Still have it once in a while, but it's almost disapeared after updating to a stock 6.1.

Omerta6 09-02-2008 07:43 PM

Mine does the same thing, I just cooked a 20270 Rom the other night and put it on. I have advanced config installed, but it will not allow me to remove it as it does not show up in 'remove programs'.

I can press the status soft key then talk to answer my call. But its really ****ing annoying.

shaggylive 09-03-2008 03:20 AM

btw, if your gps is using the assistance server it has a data connection that may or maynot be visible.

kayem954 09-03-2008 07:30 PM

There is nothing utilizing the data connection so there is no way the problem can be linked to that.

I think I will just continue playing around until it miraculously starts working properly again.

Thanks for all your suggestions

JaeTheGreat14 09-03-2008 09:04 PM

sometimes when my phone is locked and i get an incoming call i can hear the background noise and the person calling me talking before i even answer the phone....whats up with that?

xmind2006 09-04-2008 10:49 PM

Yeah, I have the same issue of the phone not vibrating nor ringing on an incoming call; only turns the backlight on and the signal bars indicate a call. I have to hit the talk button a couple times to answer otherwise it won't answer. And this is without a data connection or GPS on. Phone was working fine before I flashed to the latest kitchen and radio (3.42.50). I'll try to down grade the radio and hopefully that'll help.