PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2008, 07:16 PM
N00b

hvnhlpr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1

Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 keeps on disconnecting when trying to load new firmware.

The ROM begins to load, it the Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 disconnects automatically.v

Is there any way around this?

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop
Re: Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1

Welcome to Geekdom! A few questions. Are you running XP or Vista? If you're on XP, you need to be using ActiveSync. I realize this is an obvious one, but it's amazing the number of folks that have tried to use ActiveSync w/ Vista and vice versa. If you're using the right sync software, is your device connecting and being recognized by your PC? There's been some issues, many documented on this site regarding the issues between WMDC and Vista as well as between AS and XP. What is it you're trying to install on your device? If it's a ROM, that's typically done by flashing from a SD card. There are MANY posts regarding that procedure.

Old 09-01-2008, 07:52 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

hvnhlpr is a n00b

Geekcop,

Thank you for your reply.

I am attempting to install Sprint’s Mogul’s newest firmware on my Alltel PPC-6800 without installing the carrier specific programs. My main interest is Rev A. Alltel is spreading Rev A all over the place, but they won’t get in gear with the 6800’s firmware- It boggles the mind.

So that is the goal- to use Rev A on my Alltel device using Sprint’s firmware.

I am using WMDC 6.1
Old 09-01-2008, 08:04 PM
VIP Member

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Hmmm...not sure if that will work The Sprint updater is specifically designed for Sprint devices. Flashing a ROM or using an update for a device that it wasn't intended for can cause big problems. I do feel your pain. I have VZW and they're always behind the curve when it comes to releasing updates. We VZW users are still waiting for our WM 6 upgrade. Rumor control says this week or next.....right
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:14 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

hvnhlpr is a n00b

Geekcop<

I don't remember where I read it, but I read somewhere that you could use Sprint Moguls new firmware- just not the carrier specific stuff.

I have know idea what Alltel is waiting for???

Thanks for the reply.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:57 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvnhlpr View Post
Geekcop<
I have know idea what Alltel is waiting for???
Thanks for the reply.
Probably the same thing VZW is waiting for...
Old 09-02-2008, 01:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

tsu708 is a n00b

I too have been waiting for 6800 update. I was calling HTC every day only to here the same BS, dont know, not sure. They (HTC) are the company writing the software to alltels specs and cant even tell when the rom will be out. Give me a F******* break, then your company doesnt know its front from its back. An alltel advanced tech told me they were training on the new software this week. So hopefully rom should be out soon.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:46 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

HOLD UP! Alltel's latest ROM has Rev. A. YOu don't need to flash Sprint anything. I have it right now as a matter of fact and my sig proves it. It's the removed ROM but it is a supported Alltel ROM. Just do some searching around and you will be able to find it. It's a 3.35 ROM with the 3.37 radio. After flashing that you will have Rev. A. I'm on the ROM now.

Now if you want to flash a ROM from Vista good luck. I never have gotten it to work. Just download the NBH and rename it to TITAIMG.nbh on your Storage Card, boot into the bootloader mode and it should flash.

As far as WM6.1 it should be out soon I heard rumors. But I could be off base with that. Just search for the version I mentioned.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan