PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2008, 12:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan Verizon Xv6800
Carrier: Verizon

cyberwraith is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation XV-6800 stuck at splash screen

Hey guys!

I am in desperate need of some assistance. First of all, a little background.....I noted with great excitment that Verizon finally released an official ROM update with WM6.1. My phone had the original ROM on it. I had never loaded a Sprint ROM, unlocked my radio, or cooked a ROM of my own to load on my phone.

I downloaded the update from the verizon website, followed the instructions to the letter, and thought life was great. I was on the Internet, receiving txt and mms messages, and basically loving life in wm6.1 I do lots of tech support, so I was even able to use the WM remote desktop to log into machines at the office. Then, I tried to make a phone call, and I got the famous "Verizon cannot authenticate you phone" message, so I called tech support.

I spent the first half hour of my call patiently explaining to the tech that, yes, Verizon actually DID release a rom with wm6.1 because he was trying to tell me that Verizon customers weren't authorized to run WM6.1 on the XV6800. I finally walked him through going to Verizon's on download link, and he said "Oh".

He then proceedes to tell me that we need to update the programming on my phone. *228, select option 1, listen to horrible music. Get done, and the phone works so it was like, "okay, we fixed it. Have a nice day." I didn't let him off the phone so quickly. I tried my internet access before we hung up. Wireless worked fine but anything using EVDO got a Error Code 11 PPP access error. Kept telling me that my phone wouldn't authenticate.

I was on the phone with the call center until MIDNIGHT. They finally gave up and told me that they needed to do research. Scheduled a callback for yesterday. Okay, the tech called me back and told me that they were able to successfully load a xv6800, told me to re-download the ROM and try again. I did with the same result. They told me that the update must've cooked my radio, but they couldn't explain to me why it worked until they updated my account on their end. I secretly suspect that they screwed something up generating a new "a" record. Anyway, told me that I needed another phone, and they are going to ship one. I, however, wanted my phone to work. Geeks can get so impatient. So I drove to my local Verizon supercenter where you have to sign in on a computer terminal and wait for them to call your name. My turn finally came, so I got another tech. After spending half an hour bringing another tech up to speed, he took my phone to the back. To make a long story short, after 4 hours, he came back and told me that there was a bug in WM6.1 that made it incompatible with my phone. He said they were shipping me a new phone with WM6.0 and that I was not to flash this one because the wouldn't replace another one.

I asked him why Verizon released an update that wouldn't work on my phone and told him that the other tech had updated to WM6.1 the day before. I told him that he couldn't really blame the problem on Microsoft because other HTC phones were running the update successfully ie ATT Tilt and Sprint Mogal. He didn't have a good answer for that.

I came home and did lots of research. I discovered that other VZW customers had similar issues not because of WM6.1 but because of the stupid lock that VZW had on the radio.

I decided to go with one of the ROMS here, so I did about six hours of reading. I then ran the Titan relock utility, flashed my phone back to the original ROM, had VZW to reprogram it, and everything worked. Then I downloaded SPL 2.40 OliPro and ulocked the radio and loaded a rom. I then went and downloaded what I thought was the latest stock ROM from Sprint. I made sure NOT to do the customizations. However, I must've screwed something up, because when the phone did the soft reset, it went to a Verizon splash screen.

According to the phone, the radio is 3.42.30. I thought that maybe something happened on the unlock, so I decided to try to re-run it. The only problem was that I no longer had access to activesync. I got back on the forum and downloaded nuespl-2.47, formated a microsd for FAT32 and was going to run it. However, you have to run that from your phone, and since I can't get to activesync to access my phone because I'm stuck at the splash screen, that's a problem. So, I got a sprint Radio Rom, loaded it to my flash drive, started the bootloader and flashed the rom that way.

So, my radio is now 3.42.30, and my nice Rainbow colored boot screen is SPL-2.40.Olipro CPLD-9.

Now for my question....since I have access to the bootloader, is there anyway to load a ROM image for the phone on the SD card, and if so, which one do I use? I've looked though so many FAQs that my head is starting to spin, and I've been working on my phone for three days.

I don't see how the idiots at Verizon can call themselves techs. From what I have seen, there are some very smart folks here. I think I'm gonna like this place. You are my kind of people. Thanks for your help.

-Mark
Old 09-02-2008, 08:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: XV-6800 stuck at splash screen

Wow. Thats a lot of reading. I didnt know if I was going to make it through it all or not.

Ok, it looks like you are on track so far with radio 3.42.30 but keep in mind radio 3.42.50 is out and available on the boards.

When you do boot regularly, what are the numbers right below the radio numbers? Thats your ROM version BTW.

Olipro 2.4 is where you want to be so your good so far there too.

You said ( in paragraph 8 ) that you "then went and downloaded what I thought was the latest stock ROM from Sprint". You dont want a Sprint ROM on your phone but just the radio. You will cook your own ROM.

While you are in the rainbow screen, if you connect the USB cable does it change from Serial to USB? If so, then all you need to do is go and download BuildOS and cook your ROM. Once the ROM is finished building you would have to put your device in BL mode or it will force it there anyway so you are not far off at all.

However, if you want to get out of BL mode to have the device be able to sync again then just have it connected to the PC is USB and go to C:\ttn240mfg and click on titan_exitbl.exe which is just what the name of the file implies, the Titan Exit BootLoader.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:45 AM
Lurker

ND4SPD is a n00b

I'm having a similar problem...
I was following the instructions in this thread...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36031
Quote:
I take no responsibility if you damage your device in any way!

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=5...259f623aa34742

This Link you can find all the files to do this... i wrote this up in another post also.. i think it might help people.. sorry for the duplicate if anyone notices

Steps:
1) Use: "Titan to Stock Verizon.rar" and use the titan_relocker.exe to relock the titan to the older 1.xx bootloader.. then use the RUU folder and run the rom flash to downgrade to the old verizon rom with the old radio. after LET CUSTOMIZATIONS RUN. (you would think that the old pri will override the new one, but it will revert back when you do step 2)

2) Use nueSLP2.47 to upgrade the bootloader (just use this, instead of 2.40 because this will allow the pri that the new verizon rom installed (2.03_002) to work with the custom rom you flash later.)

3) Flash radio 3.42.50 via sd card (or another way u perfer), if need be take out the battery and put back in if you stay in bootloader after this flash, then you should be able to boot as normal)

4) Flash custom rom (i used ppckitchen 20273 build)

5) Use TitanGPSFix (instructions to do so are in the rar file.. and you are done.

After all this I still did not need to reset my A-key or call verizon so it worked out great!
Followed the instructions exactly... but after step 3, the phone now freezes at the white Verizon splash screen after a reset. Now, I just was reading over at XDA that the 2.47 boot loader may not work... but then someone else says it does? Anyway, I can still get the phone into bootloader, but when I try to flash it with a custom rom from the kitchen it gets to 1% then resets.

Splash Screen ROM info:

Left Side
M 09
H3BB00E4B

Right Side
P DCAAXOM-4350
R 3.42.50
D 2.09
Old 09-02-2008, 09:01 AM
VIP Member
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND4SPD View Post
P DCAAXOM-4350
R 3.42.50
D 2.09
You are getting this because you have an updated radio (3.42.50) but using an ROM (2.09) that will not work with it. When you update your ROM to something 3.35 or higher you will be ok. So go get BuildOS and cook you a ROM and flash and you will be ok.

The files I used in my cooking were

Carriers_Titan.rar
Drivers_Titan.rar
Generic_OEM.rar
PPCGeeks_OEM.rar
SYS_20273_QVGA.rar
Titan_Core.rar
000_Shareware.rar
Titan_3.49_WM6.1.rar

Last edited by weedahoe; 09-02-2008 at 09:06 AM.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:19 AM
Lurker

ND4SPD is a n00b

Okay, looks like it's working. I seem to be having a problem with my PC to Phone connection. I have to pull the USB plug and plug it back in about 10 times before Activesync comes up and connects. So that must have had something to do with it, because last night it would get to 1% progress on the ROM update and then reset.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:35 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

cyberwraith is a n00b
Smile Re: XV-6800 stuck at splash screen

Thanks guys! I'm gonna go cook a ROM right now. I'll let you know how things turn out.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:43 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

cyberwraith is a n00b

Hey All!

Again, thanks to everyone who responded to all my questions. I now have a working phone again. However, I still have my core issue. The phone works. I get txt/mms messages. I can do internet things as long as I use wireless. However, an EVDO stuff does not work. I get an error code 11, PPP authentication error every time. This only started happening once verizon reset my account.

I asked the to reset the DMU data and generate a new a key. They claimed that they did this. Was finally told WM6.1 was not compatible with the phone.

Any thoughts?

-Mark
Old 09-02-2008, 07:51 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Baloney. Double check your username/password.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:25 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

cyberwraith is a n00b

I have. Won't log in for anything. I did a google search and found where several vzw owners had the same issue. Hard to get vzw to even remotely admit that they might have a problem.

-Mark
Old 09-05-2008, 08:36 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

cyberwraith is a n00b
Cool Re: XV-6800 stuck at splash screen

Just a quick update.....

I immersed myself in FAQs and threads here for the past several days while I was waiting for the new XV6800 to arrive. The final conclusion was this. Even though the tech guys said that they regened my A key, they did not. I had my old phone, a razr, that I had used on Verizon's network prior to getting my XV6800. I activated my old phone and then activated the XV6800, forcing the system to regen the A key. Worked like a charm.

The new phone showed up, so I flashed the old one back to stock and ran the WM6.1 upgrade from Verizon, checked everything to make sure it still worked, and then stuck a note on the phone that said "Merry Christmas. Yes, you CAN make WM6.1 work on a XV6800." and sent it back to Verizon.

This place rocks. Thanks for all your help. I have been busily cooking custom ROMs for my phone and having a blast.

-Mark

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan