PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2008, 08:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

evelazcoro is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy XV6800 Bricked

I would be considering any suggestions as to what to do now....first I unlocked the phone after getting the WM6.1 update. Everything was fine except for the sound over the USB, which I could live without. Then decided to unlocked the phone and that point the phone was stuck at the bootloader. Ok I figured that it might be missing the OS but first I decided to install the "dcd_titan_2.1.0_vzw_softwareupdate" and after this all I kept getting was the Verizon white screen with the "no radio" message in red letters. After that I decided to do the "titan_radio_3.27.00" update to see if that would fix the radio problem. After that install the phone shut down and all I get is the red LED when I plug the phone to the PC. The bootloader wont come up with a HARD or SOFT reset. I did notice that after that radio install on the phone the pc did see the modem portion of the phone and installed the drivers on its own. I been reading and readin forums but none say what to do with a bricked phone so here is the million dollar question. WHAT IS NEXT???
Old 08-31-2008, 10:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: vzw Touch Pro 2

BeenWild is just getting started
Re: XV6800 Bricked

You should try to downgrade back to stock vzw rom (the old one)...there should be a post in the titan upgrading section about going back to stock vzw....then start all over again with whatever radio and rom you want to use...spent most of wed. and thurs of last week doing the same thing...hope this helps...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-01-2008, 01:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 (Sprint Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

bakntyme is keeping up the good workbakntyme is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by evelazcoro View Post
I would be considering any suggestions as to what to do now....first I unlocked the phone after getting the WM6.1 update. Everything was fine except for the sound over the USB, which I could live without. Then decided to unlocked the phone and that point the phone was stuck at the bootloader. Ok I figured that it might be missing the OS but first I decided to install the "dcd_titan_2.1.0_vzw_softwareupdate" and after this all I kept getting was the Verizon white screen with the "no radio" message in red letters. After that I decided to do the "titan_radio_3.27.00" update to see if that would fix the radio problem. After that install the phone shut down and all I get is the red LED when I plug the phone to the PC. The bootloader wont come up with a HARD or SOFT reset. I did notice that after that radio install on the phone the pc did see the modem portion of the phone and installed the drivers on its own. I been reading and readin forums but none say what to do with a bricked phone so here is the million dollar question. WHAT IS NEXT???
You are now one of the few who have actually successfully bricked a Titan. Your phone is in "download mode", a status for which there is currently no known recovery other than taking it back to your carrier for replacement (hopefully you are under warranty). You don't want to go into the whole story with the carrier; just "it won't turn on" should get you a replacement. It looks like the first mistake may have been using the Olipro 1.20 "unlocker" with a GPS-enabled ROM...that is a no-no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceblue View Post
His phone is bricked end of story. The causes are RED light means battery is dead or device is bricked. If the device will try and load new drivers when you put the battery in, then the phone is in download mode. This is a base level EEProm flash to flash a core system boot loader, note the J-tags also need replaced on the ROM. The only people with a way to fix this right now is HTC until a few kind people I asked to try and get one from HTC come through "doubtful" or ImCokeMan figure it out. So till then the device is bricked. The other options is RED light and no drivers try to load then the ROM fried and the phone is a paper weight.

Repeat because it seems to be needed, there is NO BOOT LOADER on his phone anymore!

As stated flashing 3.35 with 2.4SPL and Special_4350.nbh or flashing 3.35 to 3.27 can/will cause bricking.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:16 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

evelazcoro is a n00b
Red face Re: XV6800 Bricked

Ok guys thanks for the update...going to bring it back to the Verizon store after work today...I already tried bring it back to old ROM with no success...And yes I am still under warranty so I should be able to bring it in...let's see if they buy it...
Old 09-02-2008, 08:26 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

evelazcoro is a n00b

Just to give an update. They replaced my cell now I am back at it...this time I will be more careful. Thanks again for all your help.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:27 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

evelazcoro is a n00b

Just finished installing the 6.1 update. The only thing that I see that this update broke is the ability to listen to any sounds from the USB.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:29 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

evelazcoro is a n00b

I am thinking about unlocking the phone but it is getting confusing trying to find a thread that is easy to follow. Any pointers anybody?
Old 09-02-2008, 08:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO3D
Carrier: SERO-P

lafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stuff

i think you need to spend a few more days reading up on what you are doing.

isn't one brick enough?

start with all of the verizon update threads.... you have a lot of work ahead of you if you want to switch roms and have gps.

good luck!
Old 09-02-2008, 10:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 (Sprint Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

bakntyme is keeping up the good workbakntyme is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Just finished installing the 6.1 update. The only thing that I see that this update broke is the ability to listen to any sounds from the USB.
Quote:
I am thinking about unlocking the phone but it is getting confusing trying to find a thread that is easy to follow. Any pointers anybody?
Why do you want to unlock it? Unless there is some particular goal, you might be better off keeping what you have. Flashing the Verizon 6.1 update to the replacement phone prior to reading enough about it has complicated things for you. Read the following thread:

Verizon - VZW PRI FROM HELL WARNING PLEASE READ!!! quote from GC at XDA
Old 09-04-2008, 07:15 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

evelazcoro is a n00b

Thanks again...I will follow your advise and do a lot more reading. If I find it to be too confusing to unlock the phone and change things around I will not do it. I just thought it would be fun and easy to do. That is all.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan