PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Use SPB Backup for two phones? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36185)

JohnnyOnTheSpot 08-31-2008 05:38 PM

Use SPB Backup for two phones?

I'm about to get a new Mogul on Tuesday, so I decided to try SPB to duplicate everything on my old phone to my new one, because the only problem with the old one is faulty wiring or some crap. Will I be able to export basically everything from my old phone to my new one using SPB? Thanks.

Geekcop 08-31-2008 05:48 PM

Re: Use SPB Backup for two phones?

As long as you're running the same OS, which it appears you will be, I'd say so

darren.wlsn1 08-31-2008 06:31 PM

don't you also have to reformat the memory card? i had to with my touch because of different esn numbers. maybe your phone is different

Geekcop 08-31-2008 06:48 PM

Not sure about that. Reformatting the SD card would wipe everything off the card, including your backup file, so unless you've stored an additional copy elsewhere, e.g. PC, flash drive, etc, you've defeated the purpose of having a b/u app. One of the features that SPB advertises is that the backup can be used when upgrading or replacing a lost/stolen device. I think the best answer to this question would be found on the SPB website. www.spbsoftwarehouse.com

toviaheli 08-31-2008 07:00 PM

the laterst Spb backup has a Rom upgrade feature that reinstalls programs and all seemlessly. use it many times each week.

guitardoc64 08-31-2008 07:00 PM

It works. I used it to clone my Touch settings to my Apache, and it did fine. Amazing product! It's almost as good as the stuff ya get here!:mrgreen:

JohnnyOnTheSpot 08-31-2008 09:43 PM

Awesome; thanks guys.

Does it matter if I check the "create stand-alone backup" box or no?

TheBundo 08-31-2008 10:31 PM

That's how I do it, it makes an .exe file

JohnnyOnTheSpot 08-31-2008 11:42 PM

One last thing...well, two.

-If I buy it, how will the license work? Can I keep using it on all my phones as I switch/upgrade?

-Will the backup restore my Registry Edits as well?

nick aguas 09-01-2008 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toviaheli (Post 400036)
the laterst Spb backup has a Rom upgrade feature that reinstalls programs and all seemlessly. use it many times each week.

really? so your saying after updating your ROM it restores ALL your programs you had up and running in the previous ROM? wow. ive used sprite forever, but i believe it's time for a switch.