PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Use SPB Backup for two phones? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36185)

bestjudge 09-01-2008 12:13 AM

Re: Use SPB Backup for two phones?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot (Post 400239)
One last thing...well, two.

-If I buy it, how will the license work? Can I keep using it on all my phones as I switch/upgrade?

-Will the backup restore my Registry Edits as well?

It serial number so it should work on all your phones.

It will restore registry edits and everything else

JohnnyOnTheSpot 09-01-2008 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bestjudge (Post 400253)
It serial number so it should work on all your phones.

It will restore registry edits and everything else

Awesome again; thanks a ton guys!

viwizard 09-01-2008 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick aguas (Post 400252)
really? so your saying after updating your ROM it restores ALL your programs you had up and running in the previous ROM? wow. ive used sprite forever, but i believe it's time for a switch.

Sprite accomplishes this seemlessly. I've tried Sk tools and Spb back up with errors after, never had a problem with sprite, also sprite latest version allow one to sync thier back up with pc.

Geekcop 09-01-2008 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viwizard (Post 400960)
Sprite accomplishes this seemlessly. I've tried Sk tools and Spb back up with errors after, never had a problem with sprite, also sprite latest version allow one to sync thier back up with pc.

What errors have you experienced w/ SPB? I've been using it for about a year and no issues.

madman16420 09-01-2008 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 400016)
don't you also have to reformat the memory card? i had to with my touch because of different esn numbers. maybe your phone is different

no me and my friend have the same phone and i can pop my card in his phone and use it just fine

tcolling 09-02-2008 01:37 AM

I took the Verizon upgrade to 6.1 and afterward when I did a full restore from my SPB backup, the phone was unusable because the phone earpiece did not work (i.e., the sound was fully muted). This happened on both my phone and my wife's phone. I DID use the "rom upgrade" mode for the restore.

I speculate that this was caused by something on my WM 6.0 phones that didn't work on 6.1. I doubt whether the backup itself was bad.

- Tim

jmorton10 09-02-2008 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcolling (Post 401086)
when I did a full restore from my SPB backup, the phone was unusable because the phone earpiece did not work (i.e., the sound was fully muted).

So what did you do at that point??

I use SPB BU myself in my Verizon XV6800 & all my restores have worked with no problems (I have not restored after a ROM upgrade however, although I am going to try that this week).

~John

jmorton10 09-02-2008 07:30 AM

Come to think of it, I did have one problem:

When I originally installed Ultimate Launch, that froze up the phone (because of HTC Home still being an active home screen plug-in). I restored the BU that I had made just previous to the program install (I ALWAYS make a new BU before trying/installing any new program)
Come to think of it, I did have one problem:

When I originally installed Ultimate Launch, that froze up the phone (because of HTC Home still being an active home screen plug-in). I restored the BU that I had made just previous to the program install (I ALWAYS make a new BU before trying/installing any new program).

After the restore, everything seemed to work fine but then I realized ActiveSync was not working & absolutely NOTHING I tried worked to fix that.

I then hard reset the phone (I believe I did the restore without a hard reset the first time) & restored the BU a 2nd time. After the 2nd restore everything including AS worked perfectly.

~John