PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Model do you like Sprint Mogul or Verizion Xv6800
Sprint Mogul 59 83.10%
Verizon Xv6800 12 16.90%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2008, 04:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Keir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Keir333 Send a message via Yahoo to Keir333 Send a message via Skype™ to Keir333
Re: Mogul or Xv6800

I like my black version of the Mogul that Alltel has. It looks just like the Sprint version but has a black housing instead of grey.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Imagio
Carrier: Verizion
Threadstarter

maxhub is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by phazed View Post
Things that tick me off... No Picture Mail.. and Now Getting rid of Sprintpcs.com mail account... WTF.

You don't have picture mail?

I have talked with reps (face to face) from both companys(Sprint / Verizion) and both of them have stated they have a $50 deductiable.

Right now i am on nextel and have been for 6 years. my only grip with them is signal at my house is crap. I tested here at my house with a Sprint phone and have 2 bars of service in the yard an none in the house. when i put it on roam i went to full signal no matter where i was..House ...yard...etc..and when i went to make a call it told me Verizion.

Signal is a big issuse for me and looks like verizon will be the winner.

At work i use putty and vnc on a daily basis. I manage about 50 networks. In most the post i have read you dont see where people have been running pocketputty or vnc on the xv6800.

Oh and verizon is gonna cost me about $50 more a month over sprint. Unlimited incoming calls is awsome...lol
I have 3 phones.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

phazed is just getting started

Well, picture mail based off the website... but no MMS
Old 09-01-2008, 08:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon / HTC Touch Pro2

Protonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Protonus Send a message via AIM to Protonus Send a message via MSN to Protonus Send a message via Yahoo to Protonus

I guess I don't much care about how it looks, because I have the seidio case. I love my burgandy case. Hides most of the Verizon blue. I just wish it wasn't made for the sprint version.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxhub View Post

Signal is a big issuse for me and looks like verizon will be the winner.

Verizon usually wins hands down in this area. I have never had coverage problems anywhere with Verizon, I had almost constant problems with Sprint.

The company I work for had 75 phones on Sprint & had continuous constant problems, the service was absolutely awful. I had switched my phone to Verizon on my own as I couldn't stand Sprint anymore (even for free). I finally let the owner of the company borrow my Verizon XV6800 for a weekend while he did a cross country business trip. He was so impressed with the difference between Verizon & Sprint that when he got back we changed ALL the work phones over to Verizon even though it will cost substantially more money per month (this is definitely a "you get what you pay for" scenario however) His comment to me was "I always thought all cell phones where junk, now I realize it was not the phones that where at fault, it was Sprint's lousy service"

Our phones are not toys (although I tweaked & modified the hell out of mine), they are serious business tools & we can not be screwing around with sub par service.

I noticed a customer satisfaction survey in a business journal article recently rating cell phone services. Sprint was at the very bottom of the list by a substantial margin..........

~John
Old 09-02-2008, 09:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

ckeegan is keeping up the good workckeegan is keeping up the good work

I personally don't understand the purpose of this thread, since they're the exact same phone manufactured by the exact same company. I guess the argument comes down to service, which comes down to your local area or the areas that you frequent. I've been with Verizon for a long time, and my wife was with Sprint with a long time. Her service was terrible in the market where we currently live, so switching was a no-brainer. Her signal was terrible, and when she had a problem, don't even get me started on their customer service. Honestly, you couldn't pay me (well, it depends how much) to switch to Sprint service.

Again, the Mogul is identical to the XV6800 with the exception of cosmetics. I personally don't like the look of the Mogul compared to the XV6800. The Mogul looks like every other Titan out there, but the XV6800 is something a little different. I like the blue too.

Even if there are different abilities between the two out of the box (GPS, etc), those can easily be changed with ROM upgrades and hacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willpower101 View Post
Oh, and the mogul has a center button as well, you just click the whole pad in. (take a minute to get used to and not accidentally hit a direction.)
I'm not sure if you were trying to say that the XV6800 doesn't have a center button, or replying to someone who thought the Mogul didn't have a center button, but they both do. Oh, and I'd take Verizon's square over Sprint's circle any day.

I guess I just think the XV6800 looks more professional.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II SCH I920
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

pdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeegan View Post
I personally don't understand the purpose of this thread, since they're the exact same phone manufactured by the exact same company. I guess the argument comes down to service, which comes down to your local area or the areas that you frequent. I've been with Verizon for a long time, and my wife was with Sprint with a long time. Her service was terrible in the market where we currently live, so switching was a no-brainer. Her signal was terrible, and when she had a problem, don't even get me started on their customer service. Honestly, you couldn't pay me (well, it depends how much) to switch to Sprint service.

Again, the Mogul is identical to the XV6800 with the exception of cosmetics. I personally don't like the look of the Mogul compared to the XV6800. The Mogul looks like every other Titan out there, but the XV6800 is something a little different. I like the blue too.

Even if there are different abilities between the two out of the box (GPS, etc), those can easily be changed with ROM upgrades and hacks.

I'm not sure if you were trying to say that the XV6800 doesn't have a center button, or replying to someone who thought the Mogul didn't have a center button, but they both do. Oh, and I'd take Verizon's square over Sprint's circle any day.

I guess I just think the XV6800 looks more professional.
Yes that was me I was puttin some apps on a Mogul for a friend...and I thought It didnt have an actual button, I didnt realize you had to press in the entire d-pad...so I stand corrected..thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan