PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2008, 08:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZ-6800 (previously VZ-6700)
Carrier: Verizon

DougWare is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DougWare Send a message via Yahoo to DougWare
Talking MMS Cab

I'm absolutely in love with my Titan....but I'll miss my Apache.

However, I hopefully only have one more question.

When I cooked my 6.1 ROM for my Apache, I always left MMS out completely (because of problems) and ran the cab file from the original extended rom, which I had backed up (which worked perfectly even with WM6.1).

I couldn't find the equivalent cab on the 6800 extended rom. I tried running the one from the Apache, but it failed instantly.

Can someone post or point me to the right cab file?

I'll also settle for the name of a good 3rd party app that works with Verizon's MMS services.

Thanks!
Old 08-30-2008, 09:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

im1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularim1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularim1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularim1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: MMS Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougWare View Post
I'm absolutely in love with my Titan....but I'll miss my Apache.

However, I hopefully only have one more question.

When I cooked my 6.1 ROM for my Apache, I always left MMS out completely (because of problems) and ran the cab file from the original extended rom, which I had backed up (which worked perfectly even with WM6.1).

I couldn't find the equivalent cab on the 6800 extended rom. I tried running the one from the Apache, but it failed instantly.

Can someone post or point me to the right cab file?

I'll also settle for the name of a good 3rd party app that works with Verizon's MMS services.

Thanks!
Hello Doug try here>>> GC Arcsoft MMS 5.0.31.25 (Currently only for VZW) http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=404345 hope that helps
Old 08-30-2008, 09:13 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

SEARCH BUDDY and that link is illegal so it will be removed when mods find it sorry if that post sounded mean it was just supposed to be informational

Old 08-30-2008, 09:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

DougWare is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
SEARCH BUDDY and that link is illegal so it will be removed when mods find it sorry if that post sounded mean it was just supposed to be informational
I did search, but I couldn't find a relevant article (or more precisely I couldn't find the right search terms that didn't return hundreds of articles).
Old 08-30-2008, 09:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800

nick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
since when is posting links illegal?
Old 08-30-2008, 09:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

im1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularim1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularim1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularim1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick aguas View Post
since when is posting links illegal?
i'd like to know as well seeing as it's not warez or anything that you guys don't normally post...i see arcsoft links posted all over this forum so what was different about that one or is it the fact that you wanted him to search and i did it for him..lol...WOW!..enjoy your weekend guys
Old 08-30-2008, 10:05 PM
Ditch Doctor
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

He is confuseded. He probably thought it was Cody SMS.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 08-30-2008, 10:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaMedic View Post
He is confuseded. He probably thought it was Cody SMS.
thanks and i would say completely confused since it does say in bold print Arcsoft mms or he possibly didn't read what was posted and focused entirely on it being a link...either way enjoy your weekends lol
Old 08-30-2008, 10:49 PM
Ditch Doctor
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I like confuseded better.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

DougWare is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by im1badazchick View Post
Hello Doug try here>>> GC Arcsoft MMS 5.0.31.25 (Currently only for VZW) http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=404345 hope that helps
I really appreciate the link, and I tried it. However, I seem to have the same problem with it that I have when I build MMS into the ROM. Perhaps someone knows or has a fix for it.

When I go to "Mark all as Read" from the menu (even in IMAP or Outlook mail) on the device, it opens the MMS options menu instead...

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Thanks...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan