PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2008, 01:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Gervy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Battery??? Slow To Charge...

Anyone else having battery issues with the 6800?

It seems that I'm draining faster than normal (not that fast), but charging REALLY slow.
(I typically charge from my PC @ work, or car-charger).

I'm currently running:
Radio - 3.42.40
OliPro 2.4 Bootloader

Anyone know of issues, fixes?

On a side note... anyone know how to be sure my GPS is turned OFF when it's not in use?

Gervy

--------------
Verizon Droid Eris
Old 09-23-2008, 01:54 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL
Re: Battery??? Slow To Charge...

soft reset always works.

My battery life sucks. I have to cycle through 2 batteries, or charge more than once a day.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Gervy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999TL View Post
soft reset always works.

My battery life sucks. I have to cycle through 2 batteries, or charge more than once a day.

What's odd, is that it's not the battery life I'm really worried about, but the charging time.
It takes FOREVER to charge my battery.
I think this started after making the last GPS (fast lock-on) change.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gervy View Post
anyone know how to be sure my GPS is turned OFF when it's not in use?
only thing i can think of it to turn Location 'off'
Old 09-23-2008, 02:12 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

What apps do you have open? Are you using your battery? You could try charging with the phone turned off. Also make sure the battery isn't ridiculously hot either.

Make sure you don't have things like the Internet running.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Gervy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
What apps do you have open? Are you using your battery? You could try charging with the phone turned off. Also make sure the battery isn't ridiculously hot either.

Make sure you don't have things like the Internet running.

I think the only thing running actively is ACTIVE SYNC.
I guess it's also online, as it's getting email from my GMAIL accounts (not real-time, only every 20 minutes). But why would usage affect battery charge if ti's atached to a power source?

Turning the phone "off" isn't an answer for me. Too many important calls could come at any time.

Gervy
Old 09-23-2008, 04:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

sHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

If your battery is hot it will not take a charge. Make sure your battery is not charging hot or running hot. This will cause excessive discharge and inability to charge. I would leave my mogul charging while the battery was scorching and I would lose battery life at a rapid rate. It is just a limitation of these specific batteries.

Or, you could just have a bad battery.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:08 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

So do you charge via USB cable and do you download your e-mail through the USB connection or do you dial up #777? If you use AS then it will use less battery but being on the Internet will slow down your rate of charge.

Try setting your Gmail to check every hour or so.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Turnkeys is becoming a great contributor

Along with being aware of what's using battery, and battery temp, consider using your OWM wall charger as it has a higher charging rate. USB chargers (don't know about car chargers) max at 500mAh. The wall charger has a higher rating.

As for why usage can affect charging time, heavy usage can bump the temp, inhibiting charging efficiency. And I'm fairly sure that all power to the unit is from the battery, not like a bypass while it's charging. So, if yer drawing power while you're charging power... you do the math. Either way, the power off the charger (wall or usb) is finite, so it's either being used or stored.

When I want to maximize charging time w/o powering off, I doublecheck any unneeded apps are exited, turn off WfFi and bluetooth, dim the screen as low as it goes, and turn the screen off. (screen dimmed so if an event triggers, it's not burning power as a nightlight.) I don't enable the auto-power off on AC feature, as this was causing me lockups when docked to the PC and it powered down.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Silent_Patriot is becoming a great contributor

When I first got my Titan I noticed that I was actually LOSING a charge while connected to my PC, so I started investigating and found that Windows is reporting that the USB port is only pushing 2mA, a far cry from the 1A (1000mA) that the OEM charger runs at. Of course, this was while connected via ActiveSync and running both WiFi and BT with the screen at full brightness. I ended up getting an OEM cradle for work since I use tethering all day long so that it can get charged from AC instead of USB. I also began putting nuePower/Backlight Settings in my kitchen build - it's very nice for monitoring battery and AC power.

Not sure about a vehicle charger, but you'd figure there'd be plenty of juice from a 12V system, but you might be dealing with the heat issue there; especially if using GPS.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan