PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   How to stop that annoying vibrate when the phone boots / starts after soft reset? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36137)

Protonus 08-30-2008 07:11 PM

How to stop that annoying vibrate when the phone boots / starts after soft reset?

Soft reset the phone,
and vibrate turns on for a very long time on boot while it starts up. It is related to how much I have in startup, as to how long it vibrates for.

however, I don't want it to vibrate on startup at all! It's annoying/useless! I don't see anything under notifications re: startup.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

darren.wlsn1 08-30-2008 07:16 PM

Re: How to stop that annoying vibrate when the phone boots / starts after soft reset?

try going into sounds and notifications and uncheck vibrate, i think that works.

Protonus 08-30-2008 07:17 PM

Re: How to stop that annoying vibrate when the phone boots / starts after soft reset?

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 399335)
try going into sounds and notifications and uncheck vibrate, i think that works.

Um, for what option/event?

darren.wlsn1 08-30-2008 07:41 PM

if you mean when your phone boots up, its the activesync thats vibrating. at least on my vogue. when i bootup phone doesn't vibrate. that's what works for me.

Protonus 08-30-2008 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 399352)
if you mean when your phone boots up, its the activesync thats vibrating. at least on my vogue. when i bootup phone doesn't vibrate. that's what works for me.

Ok, i looked thru all the options, and got this figured out. It was Voicemail notification causing it. I always have voicemail as I infrequently check it. The phone must have been seeing I have voicemail on reboot and notifying me as soon as it booted up. It also explained the "startup sound" I didn't see a way to change. It was actually the voice mail notification sound.

Well, it's fixed. Thanks. Phew.

darren.wlsn1 08-30-2008 07:57 PM

that's kinda like activesync. lol glad you found it!

nursemm05 08-31-2008 09:26 AM

hmm, odd b/c I don't get notified for VM (have that option turned off) yet I still get the vibrate and start up sound. I don't mind the sound, but I was hoping to lose the vibrate.

jmorton10 08-31-2008 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Protonus (Post 399358)
I always have voicemail as I infrequently check it. The phone must have been seeing I have voicemail on reboot and notifying me as soon as it booted up. .

I almost never have VM on bootup because I don't get that many VM's & when I do I check them immediately. My phone still does that buzz at startup every single time although it certainly doesn't bother me...........

~John

Protonus 08-31-2008 01:43 PM

I do still get a buzz / vibrate on startup but it's RIGHT AFTER I power it on. Like a self test. The one I was reffering too was while windows loads, and it was very long. Nearly 10 seconds.