PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2008, 04:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tim.burleson@gmail.com is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mogul + Vista + WMDC = not working

Ok, I have a Sprint Mogul that I cannot get to sync with my Vista Laptop. I can plug in the phone, charge light comes on and I here the USB connection sound. Software is installed...Windows Update is runs. I then installed WMDC and it finished. All complete but the Phone does not sync.

Sync does not recognize my device.

I tried disabling the Advanced features in the USB to PC on the device but that prompted me with the error that I need to install ActiveSync 4.5 which does not run on Vista.

I then tried installing ActiveSync on my xp machine and voila! Worked like a champ no problem...except...I need to sync with my laptop. Any help?

Here are the vitals:

with latest ROM

Windows Mobile 6.1
CE OS 5.2.19208 (Build 19208.1.0.1)

Windows Vista SP1
32-bit

Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1
Version 6.1.6965

Please help, I am running out of sheet rock in my house to put my head through.

Thanks, Tim
Old 08-30-2008, 05:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop
Re: Mogul + Vista + WMDC = not working

This won't help solve the issue, but I'm posting to let you know that this is VERY common w/ WMDC & Vista. I had the exact same isuue w/ WMDC, VIsta and my VZW 700WX for almost a year. It wasn't until about three weeks ago that I was successful in syncing my device to my Vista based laptop. I've had my Treo since end of Sept '07. I ended up installing a custom WM5 ROM and that was the ticket. The problem was evidently with the ROM that the Treo shipped with. This may well be what's plaguing you.

Old 08-30-2008, 05:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint

madman16420 is keeping up the good workmadman16420 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to madman16420

i am on sprint new rom 6.1 and works fine

Old 08-30-2008, 07:33 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Did you do anything special with the rom 6.1? What order did you go through to install WMDC and sync?

How would I start over on vista? I have hard reset the phone. Other than removing WMDC through program uninstall and the HTC USB Sync and other driver from Device manager, what else could I do to have a pristine install?
Old 08-30-2008, 07:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

laforr77 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim.burleson@gmail.com View Post
Ok, I have a Sprint Mogul that I cannot get to sync with my Vista Laptop. I can plug in the phone, charge light comes on and I here the USB connection sound. Software is installed...Windows Update is runs. I then installed WMDC and it finished. All complete but the Phone does not sync.

Sync does not recognize my device.

I tried disabling the Advanced features in the USB to PC on the device but that prompted me with the error that I need to install ActiveSync 4.5 which does not run on Vista.

I then tried installing ActiveSync on my xp machine and voila! Worked like a champ no problem...except...I need to sync with my laptop. Any help?

Here are the vitals:

with latest ROM

Windows Mobile 6.1
CE OS 5.2.19208 (Build 19208.1.0.1)

Windows Vista SP1
32-bit

Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1
Version 6.1.6965

Please help, I am running out of sheet rock in my house to put my head through.

Thanks, Tim
Just curious, but why did you install Windows Mobile Device Center? I thought it comes pre-installed with Vista. I have never installed it on either of my computers (both are running Vista SP1). Likewise, I haven't had any issues getting my Mogul to sync with either computer.

When I want to setup sync with a new device, I just plug in the device via USB and WMDC either starts automatically, or I have to manually start it. Either way, after the program starts I choose to "Set up a new sync relationship" (or something to that effect) and let it do its thing. So for you I would delete any sync relationships that already exist on your comp and start fresh that way.

BTW, I don't recognize that HTC USB Sync driver either. Might want to get rid of that too, as you suggested.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

bones20 is becoming a great contributor

Heres the solution:
http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cache...lnk&cd=1&gl=us
Old 08-30-2008, 09:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

My solution to all this was to upgrade to XP- best decision I made in years.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:43 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Try going into settings usb-pc and check or un-check advanced network functionality......if that does not work hard reset the device.....WMDC is flaky as hell.....it is a joke....
Old 08-30-2008, 11:45 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by laforr77 View Post
Just curious, but why did you install Windows Mobile Device Center? I thought it comes pre-installed with Vista. I have never installed it on either of my computers (both are running Vista SP1). Likewise, I haven't had any issues getting my Mogul to sync with either computer.

When I want to setup sync with a new device, I just plug in the device via USB and WMDC either starts automatically, or I have to manually start it. Either way, after the program starts I choose to "Set up a new sync relationship" (or something to that effect) and let it do its thing. So for you I would delete any sync relationships that already exist on your comp and start fresh that way. This also works as a fix sometimes....

BTW, I don't recognize that HTC USB Sync driver either. Might want to get rid of that too, as you suggested.
Not mine.....I had to install it also.....and the HTC USB driver is a standard driver for the device.....
Old 08-31-2008, 12:14 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Ok...I am officially frustrated...reboot my laptop so many times. I followed the advice about uninstalling 6.1 and installing 6.0. took 3 tries. still no joy. no love. Device connects to the machine as you see it install it's drivers for the Microsoft mobile device and some other device that looks like a bluetooth device.

WMDC 6.0.6783.

Here it beep on connect and disconnect.

Vista Home Premium

Man what else do I do? Funny thing is my wife's macbook sees it and wants to connect...via bluetooth...go figure.

BTW bluetooth connects to my laptop as well but does not sync...Sync initiated on the phone says to install WMDC.

Also, when i uncheck USB to PC advanced and try to sync...it says I do not have ActiveSync 4.5 installed so it cannot continue.

CRAZZZZYYYYY!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan