PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Mogul + Vista + WMDC = not working (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36132)

tim.burleson@gmail.com 08-30-2008 04:59 PM

Mogul + Vista + WMDC = not working

Ok, I have a Sprint Mogul that I cannot get to sync with my Vista Laptop. I can plug in the phone, charge light comes on and I here the USB connection sound. Software is installed...Windows Update is runs. I then installed WMDC and it finished. All complete but the Phone does not sync.

Sync does not recognize my device.

I tried disabling the Advanced features in the USB to PC on the device but that prompted me with the error that I need to install ActiveSync 4.5 which does not run on Vista.

I then tried installing ActiveSync on my xp machine and voila! Worked like a champ no problem...except...I need to sync with my laptop. Any help?

Here are the vitals:

with latest ROM

Windows Mobile 6.1
CE OS 5.2.19208 (Build 19208.1.0.1)

Windows Vista SP1
32-bit

Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1
Version 6.1.6965

Please help, I am running out of sheet rock in my house to put my head through.

Thanks, Tim

Geekcop 08-30-2008 05:33 PM

Re: Mogul + Vista + WMDC = not working

This won't help solve the issue, but I'm posting to let you know that this is VERY common w/ WMDC & Vista. I had the exact same isuue w/ WMDC, VIsta and my VZW 700WX for almost a year. It wasn't until about three weeks ago that I was successful in syncing my device to my Vista based laptop. I've had my Treo since end of Sept '07. I ended up installing a custom WM5 ROM and that was the ticket. The problem was evidently with the ROM that the Treo shipped with. This may well be what's plaguing you.

madman16420 08-30-2008 05:40 PM

i am on sprint new rom 6.1 and works fine

tim.burleson@gmail.com 08-30-2008 07:33 PM

Did you do anything special with the rom 6.1? What order did you go through to install WMDC and sync?

How would I start over on vista? I have hard reset the phone. Other than removing WMDC through program uninstall and the HTC USB Sync and other driver from Device manager, what else could I do to have a pristine install?

laforr77 08-30-2008 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tim.burleson@gmail.com (Post 399248)
Ok, I have a Sprint Mogul that I cannot get to sync with my Vista Laptop. I can plug in the phone, charge light comes on and I here the USB connection sound. Software is installed...Windows Update is runs. I then installed WMDC and it finished. All complete but the Phone does not sync.

Sync does not recognize my device.

I tried disabling the Advanced features in the USB to PC on the device but that prompted me with the error that I need to install ActiveSync 4.5 which does not run on Vista.

I then tried installing ActiveSync on my xp machine and voila! Worked like a champ no problem...except...I need to sync with my laptop. Any help?

Here are the vitals:

with latest ROM

Windows Mobile 6.1
CE OS 5.2.19208 (Build 19208.1.0.1)

Windows Vista SP1
32-bit

Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1
Version 6.1.6965

Please help, I am running out of sheet rock in my house to put my head through.

Thanks, Tim

Just curious, but why did you install Windows Mobile Device Center? I thought it comes pre-installed with Vista. I have never installed it on either of my computers (both are running Vista SP1). Likewise, I haven't had any issues getting my Mogul to sync with either computer.

When I want to setup sync with a new device, I just plug in the device via USB and WMDC either starts automatically, or I have to manually start it. Either way, after the program starts I choose to "Set up a new sync relationship" (or something to that effect) and let it do its thing. So for you I would delete any sync relationships that already exist on your comp and start fresh that way.

BTW, I don't recognize that HTC USB Sync driver either. Might want to get rid of that too, as you suggested.

bones20 08-30-2008 09:25 PM

Heres the solution:
http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cache...lnk&cd=1&gl=us

jerryyyyy 08-30-2008 09:49 PM

My solution to all this was to upgrade to XP- best decision I made in years.

flyers2114 08-30-2008 11:43 PM

Try going into settings usb-pc and check or un-check advanced network functionality......if that does not work hard reset the device.....WMDC is flaky as hell.....it is a joke....

flyers2114 08-30-2008 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laforr77 (Post 399353)
Just curious, but why did you install Windows Mobile Device Center? I thought it comes pre-installed with Vista. I have never installed it on either of my computers (both are running Vista SP1). Likewise, I haven't had any issues getting my Mogul to sync with either computer.

When I want to setup sync with a new device, I just plug in the device via USB and WMDC either starts automatically, or I have to manually start it. Either way, after the program starts I choose to "Set up a new sync relationship" (or something to that effect) and let it do its thing. So for you I would delete any sync relationships that already exist on your comp and start fresh that way. This also works as a fix sometimes....

BTW, I don't recognize that HTC USB Sync driver either. Might want to get rid of that too, as you suggested.

Not mine.....I had to install it also.....and the HTC USB driver is a standard driver for the device.....

tim.burleson@gmail.com 08-31-2008 12:14 AM

Ok...I am officially frustrated...reboot my laptop so many times. I followed the advice about uninstalling 6.1 and installing 6.0. took 3 tries. still no joy. no love. Device connects to the machine as you see it install it's drivers for the Microsoft mobile device and some other device that looks like a bluetooth device.

WMDC 6.0.6783.

Here it beep on connect and disconnect.

Vista Home Premium

Man what else do I do? Funny thing is my wife's macbook sees it and wants to connect...via bluetooth...go figure.

BTW bluetooth connects to my laptop as well but does not sync...Sync initiated on the phone says to install WMDC.

Also, when i uncheck USB to PC advanced and try to sync...it says I do not have ActiveSync 4.5 installed so it cannot continue.

CRAZZZZYYYYY!