PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2008, 03:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

hathetran is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Will PIM back up save my threaded text messages?

Hey guys,

I know before the rom update PIM backup would save and restore our text messages but now since we have threaded text messaging will it still be able to backup and restore our text messages after a hard reset? Thanks.
Old 08-30-2008, 03:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint

madman16420 is keeping up the good workmadman16420 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to madman16420
Re: Will PIM back up save my threaded text messages?

it should

Last edited by madman16420; 08-30-2008 at 04:06 PM.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:05 PM
Tweety...Bear (chick)
Pocket PC: EVO

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TweetyBear Send a message via Yahoo to TweetyBear

yes, pimbackup will save your threaded text messages. it just take forever! to put it all back. so if you have like 1000s of it, prepare to wait.

Old 08-30-2008, 09:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: Verizon

tvith is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweetyBear View Post
yes, pimbackup will save your threaded text messages. it just take forever! to put it all back. so if you have like 1000s of it, prepare to wait.

hahaha i'm going through that as we speak, i think i've been waiting atleast 1/2hr for all my txt to get back, i have over 2550 txts..lol
Old 08-30-2008, 09:13 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

that has a bad impact on ram.......

Old 08-30-2008, 09:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

I agree it will but why would you keep 2500+ texts???
Old 08-30-2008, 09:18 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/TouchPro2
Carrier: T-Mo

reeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuff

Yah it will.

But there is a problem with some people that are having their draft texts sent. So just be VERY careful about that. Just for safety delete all the texts in your draft folder before you use PIMbackup. Ive never had this problem but as far as Ive heard I think it happens when there are drafts saved when you do the PIM backup file. I dont save drafts and double check before I run PIMbackup just to make sure.

There is a thread somewhere on here that talks about this extensively. But as far as I understand that is whats causes that.

Just imagine what could get sent....A text you started to write to your girl when your all pissed off and decided not to send it when you were done. Then this happens and it gets sent...ehhhhhh

But all in all it definatly backs up the threaded texts. I have been using PIMbackup for a while now. Since my days with my apache and when wm6.1 was first ported on that months ago.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:26 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

I would suggest that if you have that many texts use Dashwire.....although it will not send them back to the phone you at least have them saved.....plus it does pics and vids and contacts....contacts can be sync'd back to the phone...
Old 08-31-2008, 01:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

hathetran is becoming a great contributor

i just did a hard reset then tried to restore the text messages but it didnt work out too well. For some of them it only restored the messages I sent and others it only restored the messages I received from my friends. Be cautious when trying to do this. =(
Old 09-02-2008, 10:52 AM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hathetran View Post
i just did a hard reset then tried to restore the text messages but it didnt work out too well. For some of them it only restored the messages I sent and others it only restored the messages I received from my friends. Be cautious when trying to do this. =(
The same thing happens to me every time I try to restore. It will go through the process of putting them in order and grouping them by who sent them to me. But when I go into a thread there is only the messages that they sent me. I have to go to the Sent folder to see the texts that I sent them. I have tied disabling threaded SMS and then restoring and then re-enabling threaded, but i get the same issue. Any suggestions? Here is the reg edit that I am doing.
Code:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Setting s]
"SMSAvailable"=dword:1

0=old style
1=threaded style

Good things don't end in 'eum,' they end in 'mania'...or 'teria'
Easily switch between TouchFlo and Mobile Shell
If you like my work feel free to

Last edited by Darkness231; 09-02-2008 at 10:55 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan