PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Will PIM back up save my threaded text messages? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36129)

hathetran 08-30-2008 03:37 PM

Will PIM back up save my threaded text messages?

Hey guys,

I know before the rom update PIM backup would save and restore our text messages but now since we have threaded text messaging will it still be able to backup and restore our text messages after a hard reset? Thanks.

madman16420 08-30-2008 03:57 PM

Re: Will PIM back up save my threaded text messages?

it should

TweetyBear 08-30-2008 04:05 PM

yes, pimbackup will save your threaded text messages. it just take forever! to put it all back. so if you have like 1000s of it, prepare to wait.

tvith 08-30-2008 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TweetyBear (Post 399217)
yes, pimbackup will save your threaded text messages. it just take forever! to put it all back. so if you have like 1000s of it, prepare to wait.

hahaha i'm going through that as we speak, i think i've been waiting atleast 1/2hr for all my txt to get back, i have over 2550 txts..lol

hibby50 08-30-2008 09:13 PM

that has a bad impact on ram.......

weedahoe 08-30-2008 09:16 PM

I agree it will but why would you keep 2500+ texts???

reeg420 08-30-2008 09:18 PM

Yah it will.

But there is a problem with some people that are having their draft texts sent. So just be VERY careful about that. Just for safety delete all the texts in your draft folder before you use PIMbackup. Ive never had this problem but as far as Ive heard I think it happens when there are drafts saved when you do the PIM backup file. I dont save drafts and double check before I run PIMbackup just to make sure.

There is a thread somewhere on here that talks about this extensively. But as far as I understand that is whats causes that.

Just imagine what could get sent....A text you started to write to your girl when your all pissed off and decided not to send it when you were done. Then this happens and it gets sent...ehhhhhh

But all in all it definatly backs up the threaded texts. I have been using PIMbackup for a while now. Since my days with my apache and when wm6.1 was first ported on that months ago.

flyers2114 08-30-2008 09:26 PM

I would suggest that if you have that many texts use Dashwire.....although it will not send them back to the phone you at least have them saved.....plus it does pics and vids and contacts....contacts can be sync'd back to the phone...

hathetran 08-31-2008 01:13 AM

i just did a hard reset then tried to restore the text messages but it didnt work out too well. For some of them it only restored the messages I sent and others it only restored the messages I received from my friends. Be cautious when trying to do this. =(

Darkness231 09-02-2008 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hathetran (Post 399662)
i just did a hard reset then tried to restore the text messages but it didnt work out too well. For some of them it only restored the messages I sent and others it only restored the messages I received from my friends. Be cautious when trying to do this. =(

The same thing happens to me every time I try to restore. It will go through the process of putting them in order and grouping them by who sent them to me. But when I go into a thread there is only the messages that they sent me. I have to go to the Sent folder to see the texts that I sent them. I have tied disabling threaded SMS and then restoring and then re-enabling threaded, but i get the same issue. Any suggestions? Here is the reg edit that I am doing.
Code:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Setting s]
"SMSAvailable"=dword:1

0=old style
1=threaded style