PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2008, 11:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon / HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Protonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Protonus Send a message via AIM to Protonus Send a message via MSN to Protonus Send a message via Yahoo to Protonus
A program to toggle backlight to stay on and prevent standby?

Searched till my eyes bled, can't find anything on this.

Say I'm using skyfire to stream video. I'd like the backlight to stay on, and the phone to not enter standby.

I'd like to toggle this by launching a program - and thus allow me to toggle it using a hardbutton with AEbutton etc. So when I'm done, I can return to normal power settings.

I can't seem to find a program that allows this... Any suggestions? Thanks!
Old 08-30-2008, 12:48 AM
boubert

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: A program to toggle backlight to stay on and prevent standby?

well you dont need a program just some new settings

start\settings\system\backlight\battery power\ uncheck "Turn off backlight if device is not used for" then go back to "external power and do the same

then go to start\settings\system\power\advanced\ and do the same there "uncheck both"

now the only time the device will go dark is when you tell it to by pressing the power button hope this helps
Old 08-30-2008, 01:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

he wants to be able to toggle it. I'd like to be able to do that with other setting too
Old 08-30-2008, 01:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

besides, if he has to turn it off manually, what about when it's in his pocket and he hits a roam zone or any number of other things that wakes it up, then it will be stuck on until he discovers it, and his battery is shot
Old 08-30-2008, 07:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

If he is running s2u2 you can just add the skyfire app to the list of the exceptions.

So that it won't go into standby or turn the backlight off while skyfire is upfront and won't affect it if he minimizes or closes skyfire it will revert to normal power settings that he has in effect.

Also with the phone screen turned off with the power button manually making it go to sleep with s2u2 installed if shomething turns the phone screen on in his pocket it will not stay alive long s2u2 will time out and put it back to sleep.

Just a shot in case he already uses or might want something simple that does not make him loose the use of a hard key. i think there is room for 14 more exeptions by default in s2u2.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

PolloLoco is keeping up the good workPolloLoco is keeping up the good work

I know this is an old thread - but I'm also looking for something similar to this.

I read the last comment about s2u2 being used to prevent standby - but it doesn't work for me. I tried to add my GPS program as one of the exceptions to S2U2 - and while S2U2 won't lock while the GPS is running, within a few minutes my backlight will shut off.

I'd like to find a toggle or an autobacklight program that would prevent the backlight from going off when certain programs run. I've tried Smartlight and lightjacker - but neither seem to work for HTC devices.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan