PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   A program to toggle backlight to stay on and prevent standby? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36090)

Protonus 08-29-2008 11:52 PM

A program to toggle backlight to stay on and prevent standby?

Searched till my eyes bled, can't find anything on this.

Say I'm using skyfire to stream video. I'd like the backlight to stay on, and the phone to not enter standby.

I'd like to toggle this by launching a program - and thus allow me to toggle it using a hardbutton with AEbutton etc. So when I'm done, I can return to normal power settings.

I can't seem to find a program that allows this... Any suggestions? Thanks!

boubert 08-30-2008 12:48 AM

Re: A program to toggle backlight to stay on and prevent standby?

well you dont need a program just some new settings

start\settings\system\backlight\battery power\ uncheck "Turn off backlight if device is not used for" then go back to "external power and do the same

then go to start\settings\system\power\advanced\ and do the same there "uncheck both"

now the only time the device will go dark is when you tell it to by pressing the power button hope this helps

TheBundo 08-30-2008 01:04 AM

he wants to be able to toggle it. I'd like to be able to do that with other setting too

TheBundo 08-30-2008 01:05 AM

besides, if he has to turn it off manually, what about when it's in his pocket and he hits a roam zone or any number of other things that wakes it up, then it will be stuck on until he discovers it, and his battery is shot

gator2k83 08-30-2008 07:43 AM

If he is running s2u2 you can just add the skyfire app to the list of the exceptions.

So that it won't go into standby or turn the backlight off while skyfire is upfront and won't affect it if he minimizes or closes skyfire it will revert to normal power settings that he has in effect.

Also with the phone screen turned off with the power button manually making it go to sleep with s2u2 installed if shomething turns the phone screen on in his pocket it will not stay alive long s2u2 will time out and put it back to sleep.

Just a shot in case he already uses or might want something simple that does not make him loose the use of a hard key. i think there is room for 14 more exeptions by default in s2u2.

PolloLoco 10-07-2009 07:43 AM

I know this is an old thread - but I'm also looking for something similar to this.

I read the last comment about s2u2 being used to prevent standby - but it doesn't work for me. I tried to add my GPS program as one of the exceptions to S2U2 - and while S2U2 won't lock while the GPS is running, within a few minutes my backlight will shut off.

I'd like to find a toggle or an autobacklight program that would prevent the backlight from going off when certain programs run. I've tried Smartlight and lightjacker - but neither seem to work for HTC devices.