PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2008, 03:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

myberrysrblack is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Turn By Turn Gps

Anybody Know Of Any Programs That Offer Turn By Turn Directions For Gps. I Have A Demo Account, Navigation Is Not Offered. Sprint Nav Was On My Plan Had The Mogul, Went To Instinct, Navi Worked Fine. Went To Moto V9 Navi Worked Fine. Went Back To Mogul, Navi Says I Need To Pay For It Now. Im Looking For Something Similar To Sprint Nav. I Want To Hear Street Names!! Lol. Please Help Fellas/felletts.. You Always Do.... ALSO, I WOULD LIKE THIS TO BE AS COST NONE AS POSSIBLE!!! THANKS

Last edited by myberrysrblack; 08-29-2008 at 03:52 PM. Reason: $$$$$$$$
Old 08-29-2008, 03:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

ms30250 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to ms30250
Re: Turn By Turn Gps

Quote:
Originally Posted by myberrysrblack View Post
Anybody Know Of Any Programs That Offer Turn By Turn Directions For Gps. I Have A Demo Account, Navigation Is Not Offered. Sprint Nav Was On My Plan Had The Mogul, Went To Instinct, Navi Worked Fine. Went To Moto V9 Navi Worked Fine. Went Back To Mogul, Navi Says I Need To Pay For It Now. Im Looking For Something Similar To Sprint Nav. I Want To Hear Street Names!! Lol. Please Help Fellas/felletts.. You Always Do

i think igo 8 has text to speach.
Old 08-29-2008, 04:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul
Carrier: sprint

pflatlyne is a n00b

I use garmin mobile,but it is a commercial program. You buy the software though,rather than paying a monthly fee,but its expensive. The upside is it works even if you dont have data reception.
Old 08-29-2008, 04:09 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/TouchPro2
Carrier: T-Mo

reeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms30250 View Post
i think igo 8 has text to speach.
True iGo8 has the text to speech but its pretty much useless on our moguls. With the limited amount of memory available iGo or a gps toggle will auto close when memory runs low. Pretty much sucks.
I have used iGo8 and its an awesome program really nice UI and everything, its just the mogul doesnt have enough memory.
I have heard that iGo2006 runs well on the mogul but I dont think that it has the text to speech. Havent tried that or GarminXT yet but I heard both were good.
Old 08-29-2008, 04:14 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

myberrysrblack is a n00b

So My Options Are Pretty Much Nothing Huh? I Would Like To Use Google Maps But It Doesn't Utilize "my Location" Feature...
Old 08-29-2008, 04:18 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by myberrysrblack View Post
So My Options Are Pretty Much Nothing Huh? I Would Like To Use Google Maps But It Doesn't Utilize "my Location" Feature...
You should check if you can update it (googlemaps) or get the newest version because mine does. Also there are a lot of options. Garmin/TomTom there's a bunch of them.

Im using Google maps v2.0.1.31 and there might even be a newer version.

*edit sorry not all have street names.

Last edited by Lsme420; 08-29-2008 at 04:59 PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 04:41 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

windows live search does turn by turn with NO SOUND at all, but if you are driving with a co-pilot who can say "turn left, 200 yards ahead" for you, it's very good with the built-in gps.

TomTom6 maps are not outrageously expensive. You'll get general voice commands ("Turn left") but no names. I found it very useful driving on the wrong side of the way too narrow roads in the UK for a month.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:00 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

myberrysrblack is a n00b

So Let Me Re-explain Myself.. I Need Somethin For Free, That Will Tell Me Street Names. And I Cannot Find Any Version Of Google Maps That Use My Location Feature.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

Mule is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeg420 View Post
True iGo8 has the text to speech but its pretty much useless on our moguls. With the limited amount of memory available iGo or a gps toggle will auto close when memory runs low. Pretty much sucks.
I have used iGo8 and its an awesome program really nice UI and everything, its just the mogul doesnt have enough memory.
I have heard that iGo2006 runs well on the mogul but I dont think that it has the text to speech. Havent tried that or GarminXT yet but I heard both were good.
I have TomTom7, Garmin XT and IGO8 loaded on my 8gig card and they all run fine -- I do find TT is the most accurate in the U.S. and has turn by turn.

The trick to running IGO8 is to NOT load all 50 states at once, but rather pick an choose only the states you will be travelling. The POI load is what bogs down the Mogul - limit it to what you need and all runs very well.

I would recommend getting Tom Tom if you live in the states - if you want Free.... get a map.

Mule
Old 08-29-2008, 06:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule View Post
I do find TT is the most accurate in the U.S. and has turn by turn.
Does TT7 have text to speech that announces streets, so it says, "In 500 feet, turn right on Main St."?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan