PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Seidio case causing minor damage? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36069)

subhumanderelict 08-29-2008 08:06 PM

Seidio case causing minor damage?

2 Attachment(s)
I was taking my Seidio rubberized case off my Mogul a few days ago just to clean out any particulate that may have been trapped under there when I noticed a couple marks. At first, I thought they were densely-packed dust particles that were stuck to the housing, but upon closer inspection, I saw they were actually pits (see attached images).

My Mogul has been in this case since day 1. I actually ordered the case right after my order confirmation for my phone came through. Every week or two I will remove the case to clean the housing and I'd even run my finger around the inside of the case to remove anything stuck to the inside (despite this, I am not OCD or anything), yet this damage still occurred.

I'm not explicitly looking to be compensated; I really do believe this case has prevented more damage than it caused, but I just want to know if anyone else has had this problem? If so, how did you get around/repair it?

I just ordered a full body cover for the Mogul from Zagg.com, so hopefully that, in conjunction with the case, will stop the housing from becoming more damaged. I know; the case may not fit with the skin on the phone, but I had a coupon and figured it was worth a shot.

TheBundo 08-29-2008 08:22 PM

Re: Seidio case causing minor damage?

Seems like normal wear and tear. Like dings on a car, no big deal.

subhumanderelict 08-29-2008 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBundo (Post 398518)
Seems like normal wear and tear. Like dings on a car, no big deal.

Haha... don't even get me started on my car. I hand wash every week and wax every two.

As for the phone, I realize that these are minor scoffs, but these were things I was hoping to avoid by getting this case. I plan on selling it when the new Pro comes out and would've honestly liked to say it was in pristine condition.

But hey, at least I'm not like this chick:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...miedearest.jpg

If you get the reference, you rock.

Hot0m 08-30-2008 05:17 AM

Sorry to hear this...Inspect the backside of your faceplate for imperfections. The Seidio faceplate fits tight and any kind of vibration from opening and closing can wear marks on the housing surface.

madman16420 08-30-2008 05:36 AM

normal wear and tear.... but i see what u are saying

Keir333 08-30-2008 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subhumanderelict (Post 398594)
But hey, at least I'm not like this chick:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...miedearest.jpg

If you get the reference, you rock.

Quote:

Originally Posted by subhumanderelict (Post 398501)
I actually ordered the case right after my order confirmation for my phone came through. Every week or two I will remove the case to clean the housing and I'd even run my finger around the inside of the case to remove anything stuck to the inside (despite this, I am not OCD or anything), yet this damage still occurred.

Quote:

Originally Posted by subhumanderelict (Post 398594)
Haha... don't even get me started on my car. I hand wash every week and wax every two.

I got your refence there "Mommy Dearest", but are ya sure you might not have just a small case of OCD....I'm just saying :)

Turnkeys 09-02-2008 07:47 PM

Pretty sure you're not going to fit the Seidio with any other shield under it. I had an invisible shield before I got my rubberized Seidio case, had to remove most of it to get the tabs to lock into place.

subhumanderelict 09-02-2008 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keir333 (Post 398935)
I got your refence there "Mommy Dearest", but are are ya sure you might not have just a small case of OCD....I'm just saying :)

haha... Just for my phone and my car. My car's a lost cause though; nothing can get around years of mixed city driving/parking and the inevitable dings.

If someone with a real case of OCD saw my room, they'd likely drop dead on the spot. I have the radiation and biohazard symbols on my door with "Vince's Room" branded below them. What's sad is the fact that on this particular door, these symbols might not just be for show.

u8myfoood 09-03-2008 10:02 AM

The invisible shield will definitely not allow you to put on your case after, once i applied the invisible shield to mine, it feels as if the buttons are at the same height as the rest of the phone instead of having it budge out a little bit. the problem with the invisible shield is that that it will discolor after a while, this has occurred with the invisible shield that my friends have used on their centro's, and are quite unappealing after the discoloration. Also, the invisible shield DOES NOT protect the whole phone, the corners which are most susceptible to damage when dropped are not even fully covered, I guess that is one of the flaws in a sticker like protector?

Still, I don't think there is much that can be done to prevent this normal wear and tear.

cpm199 09-03-2008 10:35 AM

Yeah I have the Sedio rubberized case for my Touch and did the same as you, opening it up periodically to clean out pocket lint and other debris buildup, and I too experienced the same wear marks. I going caseless now to see if I have better luck that way. So far, so good, and I keep my phone in my pocket.