PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Modem Mode Is Not Working Right (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36065)

yama247 08-29-2008 07:30 PM

Modem Mode Is Not Working Right

Ok. I've Tried For Two Days To Search For An Answer That Works But I Can't Seem To Find One. I've Done Reg Edits (delete Extension) , Cabs, Its Not Working. Whats Happening Is That When I Connect To The Pc To Use As Modem The Pc Sees It But When I Click Ie On Pc It Just Says Im Not Connected On Line., The Usb Connection Is Connected, Sprint Pcs Is Selcted, Pushed Connect First Before Connecting Usb, Tried After Connecting Too.
I Don't Know What Happened It Was Working For 2 Days Then It Just Stopped Working While I Was Connected To Pc. Could It Be That I Fried Something Or Has Sprint Caught Up To Tethering? If You Have Any Ideas Please Give Me Detailed Steps Cuz Im Not That Ppc Literate. It Seems To Have Happened When I Started Being Able To Connect To Pc With Activesync. I Doubt That's What It Is, Right? Also The Connection On The Pc Shows That The Speed Is Only 10mps. Shouldn't It Be Faster. I Tried It On 2 Pc's. Hhheeelllppp!!!
Ps... I've Been Uing My Mogul As My Only Internet So This Typing And Searching Is Killing Me So Forgive Me If There Is A Post For This Subject

toinejuan 08-30-2008 10:50 PM

Re: Modem Mode Is Not Working Right

10mbps is what you should be getting over usb. You can check your device manager, to make sure the device isn't disabled, if its not try deleting it and let windows rediscover it. You can also deactivate activesync, on both your ppc and pc. If your using vista it shouldn't require any drivers at all, if your using xp it needs active sync to be installed. One last thing u can and should do is make sure that your registry doesn't have remnants of the old entries. you can go to www.ccleaner.com and download that, it's free and works like a charm. I swear by the program, just scan for issues, it has an icon that looks like the registry editor logo then reboot and try again. Good Luck!

yama247 08-31-2008 09:31 AM

thanks bro, ill gve it a shot and let u know what happens

nolo25 08-31-2008 05:54 PM

hey can someone plz help me. I have been trying to see how I can connect my phone to ps3 through internet sharing. I have wmwifirouter and the fixed cab to internet sharing but when I connect usb cable from phone to ps3. phone says check the usb connection (from the internet sharing program). The wifirouter program says waiting for connection to ISC. Please someone help I been trying to do this for a few days and been getting frustrated wit this. I use my ps3 for updates, browser, and online gaming. If someone can help that would be grately appreciated
Thanx in advance.