PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2008, 06:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
BT w/MSVC turns itself off?

I've been using OEM v1.6.19958 of MSVC with several of the PPCGeeks kitchens, and recently started noticing that sometimes when I start or answer a call, I hear one ring in my ear, the headset loses its connection, and I have to grab for the phone. After I finish the call, the headset regains its connection again on its own.

Voice command itself works fine. I can say commands and receive the reply or confirmation through the headset. Turning BT off and on or a soft reset usually fixes it for a day or so, and then it starts acting up again.

Has anyone else experienced this? Could it be this version of MSVC causing it? Any ideas of how to fix this or what I can do to troubleshoot it? I'm currently running the 20270 kitchen, and am about to flash a 20273 kitchen. I would like to get this resolved or at least try something else with this flash.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

ccw1134 is a n00b
Re: BT w/MSVC turns itself off?

I too am experiencing the same problem. When I turn my bluetooth on I just wait approx. one minute so that it can connect, disconnect and finally reconnect all on it's own. I am using the same version of MSVC but I had this problem PRIOR to installing any additional software at all. I am running the official ROM from Sprint, 3.56.

In addition to this problem, I am having the issue of my ringer changing on it's own from 'ringer/sound on' to 'vibrate' to 'ringer off' and everything in between. It only happens when using bluetooth and then only after I recieve/make a call. When bluetooth is off, everything is fine. I have hard reset a couple of times, tried different ROMs (3.49 & 3.56) and many different radios (3.35 to 3.50). I experience this problem without any additional software loaded and am led to believe it has something to do with WM 6.1 as the issue wasn't there prior to that.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I noticed that v1.6.19958 is from the Raphael and the previous version is from the Diamond. I think I'll try using one of the earlier versions of MSVC in the kitchen to see if that's the problem.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (CDMA)

jimbob1000 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccw1134 View Post
I too am experiencing the same problem. When I turn my bluetooth on I just wait approx. one minute so that it can connect, disconnect and finally reconnect all on it's own. I am using the same version of MSVC but I had this problem PRIOR to installing any additional software at all. I am running the official ROM from Sprint, 3.56.

In addition to this problem, I am having the issue of my ringer changing on it's own from 'ringer/sound on' to 'vibrate' to 'ringer off' and everything in between. It only happens when using bluetooth and then only after I recieve/make a call. When bluetooth is off, everything is fine. I have hard reset a couple of times, tried different ROMs (3.49 & 3.56) and many different radios (3.35 to 3.50). I experience this problem without any additional software loaded and am led to believe it has something to do with WM 6.1 as the issue wasn't there prior to that.
I have this same problem. I am pretty sure it's because of HTC Home application. it is incredibly annoying.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:20 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbob1000 View Post
I have this same problem. I am pretty sure it's because of HTC Home application. it is incredibly annoying.
I've used HTC Home since I got the phone, without this problem. I only started having the problem in the newer kitchens. I reflashed last night with MSVC v1.6.19965 from the Diamond. I'll report how it works after a day or so of phone calls.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

ccw1134 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbob1000 View Post
I don't think HTC Home is the culprit only because the last time that I did a hard reset I did not load any extra software at all.

(
Old 08-31-2008, 01:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I have made and received many calls since recooking a couple days ago with MSVC v1.6.19965 from the Diamond. I have yet to have a disconnect, so I think this is the fix.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:41 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith94 View Post
I have made and received many calls since recooking a couple days ago with MSVC v1.6.19965 from the Diamond. I have yet to have a disconnect, so I think this is the fix.

Use version 19209....should fix the issue...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan