PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2008, 09:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

oniisan608 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to oniisan608
GPS Speed Tracking

Anyone know of an application that will track my speed? I recently bought a scooter and I want to make sure the speedometer is correct, or if it's incorrect, how much I'll need to adjust my speed so that I know I'm doing the speedlimit.

Ideally, this program needs to work on it's own (I.E. I can turn it on, put in in my glove box and ride for a couple miles) and it's not something I have to look at. California has a rather strict new hands-free law, and if I'm riding one-handed on a scooter because I need to be holding on to my phone and watching how fast I'm going on both the speedometer and the phone, I don't think it'll go over well if I get pulled over.

Any suggestions fellow Mogulers?

Free or pay, doesn't really matter, but I'd hope that the pay programs had a trial. I only need it once or twice.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

bkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuff
Re: GPS Speed Tracking

The one that I like is TGPS, it is free and works great on the Mogul. It's full name is Turbo GPS, here is the link to it.
http://www.turboirc.com/ppc/
Gadget/Phone History: Motorola DynaTAC 8000x; Casio BOSS; Palm Vx; Palm m130; Palm Tungsten T; Sanyo 7300; Sanyo Katana; PPC-6700; Titan; Mogul; Touch Pro, Palm Pre; HTC EVO, Motorola Photon; Samsung Galaxy Note 2 .
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:25 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

This will. Hope it Helps

Thanks T M Z

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=32736
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmz View Post
This will. Hope it Helps

Thanks T M Z

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=32736
I appreciate the link, but I actually already tried GPSToday and found that it reeeally slowed my Mogul down.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:31 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Greetings. I just started trying an app called "gps speed sentry", and it's awesome. It'll track your current speed, average speed, top speed, track your elevation, and much more. A feature you may be interested in, is that your can set 6 speed limit preferences, click on one which you'll be using, and it'll give you an audio warning if your going over your selected speed limit. Very cool, and in my opinion, a great user interface. You can log your trips, check out the on screen compass, and check your speed levels on a graph chart. I cant recomend this app enough. the bummer part is that its not free. But for software i'll use everyday, it's worth the cash. I can email you the cab if you cant find it. dschoenike this may get moved to the software forum.
Attached Files
File Type: zip gps_speed_sentry_arm_en.zip (84.5 KB, 32 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by dschoenike; 08-28-2008 at 11:45 AM. Reason: added cab file
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

That sounds like a terrific program. I appreciate the suggestion. I'll definitely be checking out the trial for it.

And apologies, mods, feel free to move the thread if you must.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:56 AM
Lurker

yeahian is a n00b

gps auto is very good
Old 08-28-2008, 10:23 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Great question! I was looking for an app for almost the same reason. I have just finished restoring an older motorcycle and used modern all electronic gauges on it. I had to modify the speedometer interface to make it work but have not been able to accurately calibrate it other than driving next to someone else and pacing to measure my speed.
With a small suction cup mount on my fairing for my Mogul and TGPS, it should work great.
I had thought about asking this question months ago and never got around to it.

Thanks,

David

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan