PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2008, 07:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon / HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Protonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Protonus Send a message via AIM to Protonus Send a message via MSN to Protonus Send a message via Yahoo to Protonus
How to stop that annoying vibrate when the phone boots / starts after soft reset?

Soft reset the phone,
and vibrate turns on for a very long time on boot while it starts up. It is related to how much I have in startup, as to how long it vibrates for.

however, I don't want it to vibrate on startup at all! It's annoying/useless! I don't see anything under notifications re: startup.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
Old 08-30-2008, 07:16 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: How to stop that annoying vibrate when the phone boots / starts after soft reset?

try going into sounds and notifications and uncheck vibrate, i think that works.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Protonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Protonus Send a message via AIM to Protonus Send a message via MSN to Protonus Send a message via Yahoo to Protonus
Re: How to stop that annoying vibrate when the phone boots / starts after soft reset?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
try going into sounds and notifications and uncheck vibrate, i think that works.
Um, for what option/event?
Old 08-30-2008, 07:41 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

if you mean when your phone boots up, its the activesync thats vibrating. at least on my vogue. when i bootup phone doesn't vibrate. that's what works for me.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
if you mean when your phone boots up, its the activesync thats vibrating. at least on my vogue. when i bootup phone doesn't vibrate. that's what works for me.
Ok, i looked thru all the options, and got this figured out. It was Voicemail notification causing it. I always have voicemail as I infrequently check it. The phone must have been seeing I have voicemail on reboot and notifying me as soon as it booted up. It also explained the "startup sound" I didn't see a way to change. It was actually the voice mail notification sound.

Well, it's fixed. Thanks. Phew.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:57 PM
acs tester

that's kinda like activesync. lol glad you found it!
Old 08-31-2008, 09:26 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

nursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuff

hmm, odd b/c I don't get notified for VM (have that option turned off) yet I still get the vibrate and start up sound. I don't mind the sound, but I was hoping to lose the vibrate.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protonus View Post
I always have voicemail as I infrequently check it. The phone must have been seeing I have voicemail on reboot and notifying me as soon as it booted up. .
I almost never have VM on bootup because I don't get that many VM's & when I do I check them immediately. My phone still does that buzz at startup every single time although it certainly doesn't bother me...........

~John
Old 08-31-2008, 01:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I do still get a buzz / vibrate on startup but it's RIGHT AFTER I power it on. Like a self test. The one I was reffering too was while windows loads, and it was very long. Nearly 10 seconds.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan