PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2008, 11:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800
Carrier: Sprint

steveng004 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
VERY VERY Weird Text Messagin Issue

So I am texting someone and all of a sudden, my phone locks up. No problem, just get out of the program and try again. Locks up in the same exact place as before, I can't figure out what's going on.... Fast forward to today and I've figured it out, but I've never seen anything weirder....

My entire phone locks up when I start a word with the letter 'L' while I'm writing a text message. I can use the letter in the middle of a word, or anywhere else for that matter, but if I try and start a word with the letter 'L' everything flips out...... What in the world would make this happen??? The only thing I can think of is a couple days ago I was searching for a file online and went to some suspect pages, where maybe I got some garbage there. Before that I have never had any major issues with the phone, but now I would consider this a major issue, because not only is 'L' an important letter to start words with, but the problem doesn't seem to want to go away.....

If anyone has any ideas what I can do, let me know. I would rather not go through the process of doing a hard reset and reloading everything, but if there aren't any other options I guess I have to.... Thanks
Old 08-27-2008, 11:10 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community
Re: VERY VERY Weird Text Messagin Issue

turn off predictive text...

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800
Threadstarter

steveng004 is a n00b

Thanks, that seemed to fix it...
Old 08-27-2008, 12:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: Verizon

Half Decaf is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveng004 View Post
So I am texting someone and all of a sudden, my phone locks up. No problem, just get out of the program and try again. Locks up in the same exact place as before, I can't figure out what's going on.... Fast forward to today and I've figured it out, but I've never seen anything weirder....

My entire phone locks up when I start a word with the letter 'L' while I'm writing a text message. I can use the letter in the middle of a word, or anywhere else for that matter, but if I try and start a word with the letter 'L' everything flips out...... What in the world would make this happen??? The only thing I can think of is a couple days ago I was searching for a file online and went to some suspect pages, where maybe I got some garbage there. Before that I have never had any major issues with the phone, but now I would consider this a major issue, because not only is 'L' an important letter to start words with, but the problem doesn't seem to want to go away.....

If anyone has any ideas what I can do, let me know. I would rather not go through the process of doing a hard reset and reloading everything, but if there aren't any other options I guess I have to.... Thanks

Lost lexicon list, likely. LOL

Last edited by Half Decaf; 08-27-2008 at 01:09 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan