PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   VERY VERY Weird Text Messagin Issue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35858)

steveng004 08-27-2008 11:08 AM

VERY VERY Weird Text Messagin Issue

So I am texting someone and all of a sudden, my phone locks up. No problem, just get out of the program and try again. Locks up in the same exact place as before, I can't figure out what's going on.... Fast forward to today and I've figured it out, but I've never seen anything weirder....

My entire phone locks up when I start a word with the letter 'L' while I'm writing a text message. I can use the letter in the middle of a word, or anywhere else for that matter, but if I try and start a word with the letter 'L' everything flips out...... What in the world would make this happen??? The only thing I can think of is a couple days ago I was searching for a file online and went to some suspect pages, where maybe I got some garbage there. Before that I have never had any major issues with the phone, but now I would consider this a major issue, because not only is 'L' an important letter to start words with, but the problem doesn't seem to want to go away.....

If anyone has any ideas what I can do, let me know. I would rather not go through the process of doing a hard reset and reloading everything, but if there aren't any other options I guess I have to.... Thanks

Yay 4 Juggs 08-27-2008 11:10 AM

Re: VERY VERY Weird Text Messagin Issue

turn off predictive text...

steveng004 08-27-2008 11:42 AM

Thanks, that seemed to fix it...

Half Decaf 08-27-2008 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steveng004 (Post 395642)
So I am texting someone and all of a sudden, my phone locks up. No problem, just get out of the program and try again. Locks up in the same exact place as before, I can't figure out what's going on.... Fast forward to today and I've figured it out, but I've never seen anything weirder....

My entire phone locks up when I start a word with the letter 'L' while I'm writing a text message. I can use the letter in the middle of a word, or anywhere else for that matter, but if I try and start a word with the letter 'L' everything flips out...... What in the world would make this happen??? The only thing I can think of is a couple days ago I was searching for a file online and went to some suspect pages, where maybe I got some garbage there. Before that I have never had any major issues with the phone, but now I would consider this a major issue, because not only is 'L' an important letter to start words with, but the problem doesn't seem to want to go away.....

If anyone has any ideas what I can do, let me know. I would rather not go through the process of doing a hard reset and reloading everything, but if there aren't any other options I guess I have to.... Thanks

Lost lexicon list, likely. LOL