PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2008, 09:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ppc6700
Carrier: sprint

hoddy4 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Battery Life

I notice that that there is a big difference in battery life between charging the battery to 100% as shown by the power program and charging the battery until the power light on the Mogul is green. Is there a more accurate or better way to know the battery charge?
Old 09-10-2008, 08:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: Battery Life

There are apps and registry edits that can give the charge in 1% increments if that is that you are asking for. However if you are charging and it says 100% and it quickly drops down to little or nothing in a few hours or standard usage then I would vote for a new battery.

On my 68, I can easily go for 24-36 hours w/o a charge and I do talk on it and text a lot.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I have a Seidio 3200mah battery which seems fine. When I charge it to green, it will last on Slingbox for about 7 hours. When I charge it to 100%m but not to green, it will last about one half of that. The difference really surprises me.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:59 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Another suggestion, use the USB charger as I think the slower charge allows it to keep a longer battery life overall. If you let it charge while you are asleep you don't notice it anyway.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro

phazed is just getting started

Rest assured that a Wall charger or a USB cord charging is exactly the same. Both produce the same Voltage, 5VDC.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

It seems when the program shows 100%, the battery is not necessarily at 100%.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoddy4 View Post
It seems when the program shows 100%, the battery is not necessarily at 100%.
You can have a battery showing ful voltage but not have the full ampreage to back it up. That is why you will see a battery saying fully charged but only last a hour or so.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

subhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to subhumanderelict

Quote:
Originally Posted by phazed View Post
Rest assured that a Wall charger or a USB cord charging is exactly the same. Both produce the same Voltage, 5VDC.

I'm not so sure about that... I think most USB ports on computers are limited to around 100mA of current, so while the voltage is sufficient, the overall power is not (P=IV). On the other hand, a wall charger can provide around 500-1000mA of current.

Try using nuePower, it's a great tool for managing battery life and allows you to see how much current you're pulling from whatever source you're attached to.

Old 09-11-2008, 04:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

This may help explain the love/hate relationship with battery life that you find in the forum. If you charge to 100%, you may hate it. If you charge to green, you may love (or at least like it).
Old 09-12-2008, 09:38 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

The reason I say use a USB charger to charge overnight (not while using WMWifiRouter) is because there are two types of charges: fast and slow. Fast is just more amperage at once, which the wall charger does. The problem is the more fast charges you do, the sooner your battery will start needing replacement.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan