PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2008, 02:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan

ChiTownHustler is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Mogul Tether

Anywhere online to find a guide to setup tethering with the Sprint PPC6800/Mogul.

I would really like to get USB as well as bluetooth tethering working ASAP. It seems this was SO easy with the PPC6700. Did the internet sharing replace the wmodem?
Old 03-14-2008, 04:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

dizzywizzy is becoming a great contributor
Re: Sprint Mogul Tether

hello, here's info from an earlier post of mine on another thread..

Re: Official Sprint ROM 3.35.651.2 - Discussion
TETHERING: For the few who brought up tethering on this thread, check out the tutorial on this site by TalynOne.

It has been confirmed that it works on the new ROM. I have tried ICS and PDANet and by far his method is the best way to go. I was online for over 4 hours with a fast connection and with no hiccups (would have random data loss/connection interruptions with the other 2). Also, if I leave the bluetooth on, it charges through the USB port, so the battery does not die. For some reason when I disco the BT, the phone doesn't charge through the USB. ??

It's called Tutorial: USB DUN with "Wireless Modem" app on HTC Mogul. Here's the link: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ss+Modem+Mogul
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

srtpusher is becoming a great contributor

how do i connect through the bluetooth for wireless? i connect with usb right now, but can't seem to figure out how to do it with bluetooth
Old 03-14-2008, 09:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Jack
Carrier: AT&T

tpbklake is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by srtpusher View Post
how do i connect through the bluetooth for wireless? i connect with usb right now, but can't seem to figure out how to do it with bluetooth
If your Bluetooth stack on the PC supports BT Personal Area Networks, then that is what the Mogul uses when you select Bluetooth as the Internet Connection Sharing.

Regards,

Tom
Old 03-21-2008, 03:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Threadstarter

ChiTownHustler is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzywizzy View Post
hello, here's info from an earlier post of mine on another thread..

Re: Official Sprint ROM 3.35.651.2 - Discussion
TETHERING: For the few who brought up tethering on this thread, check out the tutorial on this site by TalynOne.

It has been confirmed that it works on the new ROM. I have tried ICS and PDANet and by far his method is the best way to go. I was online for over 4 hours with a fast connection and with no hiccups (would have random data loss/connection interruptions with the other 2). Also, if I leave the bluetooth on, it charges through the USB port, so the battery does not die. For some reason when I disco the BT, the phone doesn't charge through the USB. ??

It's called Tutorial: USB DUN with "Wireless Modem" app on HTC Mogul. Here's the link: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ss+Modem+Mogul
Okay I tried everything in that post and I can't get it to recognize my phone when I plug it into the USB on my PC.

I seem to have Internet Connection Sharing working now. Any reason why ICS is NOT a good option? I am using this for a mobile credit card terminal. I have my CC terminal hooked to the computer Ethernet adapter via a RJ45 crossover cable. Also when I am using Internet Connection Sharing what is the difference between picking Sprint PCS or Phone as Modem under the Network Connection:

Also any ideas on getting the Wmodem working or why it won' recognize it when plugged into the USB port. It doesn't find any new hardware.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

dizzywizzy is becoming a great contributor

I couldn't get it working either, here's my post on the DUN thread of what I did to get it working on BT. I also can also use the ICS/ SPRINT PCS via USB too without any problems. Waiting to see if I will get any charges???

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzywizzy View Post
After hours of trying with no success with this method, PDANET and WMWifirouter with either USB or BT, I was able to get a tethered connection via BT.

I went back and removed (or do a hard reset) all of the registry edits back to they way there were at stock install.

The only registry edit I went back and completed was the following:

Those of you running Sprint ROMs should navigate to the following registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing" and delete the string value named "Extension".

After a hard reset, then deleting this entry, I was able to pair my Mogul with my laptop via bluetooth, go to Programs/ Internet connection sharing/ and select Bluetooth DUN-Phone as modem. Then went to the PC bluetooth and selected Join a Bluetooth Personal area network and pick my mogul and connect.

The first time it disco'd after 5 min's..once you connect your mogul to the BT, make sure you uncheck the box that says to disco after syncing to save battery power.

After that I reconnected, and was on 40 min's with no problems/disco's and good speed. Tried again earlier tonight and no issues.

Hopefully this will work until the Wireless modem method on this thread can be updated to work on the new rom as it was flawless!!

Good luck..
Old 03-24-2008, 06:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pro

TekkieTag is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to TekkieTag

I always ran my tethering through internet sharing with no problem.As long as you have it set to "Sprint PCS" and not "Phone as Modem" you should be fine.

Oh yeah, I always had to start the internet connection before running net sharing. I simply would open the net and refresh the page then it was good to go!

Cause I'm smarter than them...
Old 05-06-2008, 05:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

extremedue77 is a n00b

I have the simply everything plan, and PAM is included in my price plan of 99.99, the PAM program is just that a program, I had to do some complaining and finally sprint gave the PAM add on to me. The everything plan states UNLIMITED DATA, how you use that is not explained. In addition, Sprint plans to make the Simply Everything include the PAM option w/ it along w/ a few others.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I too was a former 6700 user that used tethering.

When I first migrated over to the mogul I had a terrible time trying to get it to tether. I followed all the instructions, hints, tweaks, etc and couldn't get it to work. I must of spent 20 hours trying to get it working.

Then I upgraded my ROM via the kitchen and viola it worked immediately..USB and Bluetooth.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800

CaptainX2001 is a n00b

Quote:
I have the simply everything plan, and PAM is included in my price plan of 99.99, the PAM program is just that a program, I had to do some complaining and finally sprint gave the PAM add on to me. The everything plan states UNLIMITED DATA, how you use that is not explained. In addition, Sprint plans to make the Simply Everything include the PAM option w/ it along w/ a few others.
Incorrect. At this time, PAM does not work with the Simply Everything plan. If they added it onto your account, they did so incorrectly. It has been determined that PAM and the Simply Everything plan do not work together correctly at this time.

The fully functional PAM feature will be added to all Simply Everything plans on June 15th.

If PAM is working for you now, don't get attached. You'll likely start to run into problems rather quickly.

CaptainX2001
Sprint Advanced Technical Support

Please note that all opinions expressed in my posts are mine alone; they DO NOT represent the opinions of Sprint Nextel. I am NOT authorized as an official spokesman for Sprint. Any information, answers, or advice I give is based on my knowledge and personal experience. Anything I post on these forums relating to Sprint Nextel is subject to change at any time.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan