PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Help! My "IEEE 802.11b/g Compatible Wi-Fi " vanished from the network connections! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35840)

GoldenTiger 08-27-2008 04:51 AM

Help! My "IEEE 802.11b/g Compatible Wi-Fi " vanished from the network connections!

Hi all... I was fiddling with WMWifiRouter and when switching to the new version from the 0.91 one, at some point my "IEEE 802.11b/g Compatible Wi-Fi" adapter from the network connections list of adapters on my Titan (unmodded on the ROM/etc.) vanished. I now can't get it back... I checked the registry settings and it's still there, it just doesn't show. Any help :)? I'm on a Verizon XV6800.

java75a 08-27-2008 06:54 AM

Re: Help! My "IEEE 802.11b/g Compatible Wi-Fi " vanished from the network connections

You need a hard reset do a back up first of your phone and then try to do your hard reset presing in the dial pad ##786# then menu and reset it might aksk you for a code i know a sow and here some where that for verizon is like six's zeros i think not sure about well good look

GoldenTiger 08-27-2008 09:14 AM

Re: Help! My "IEEE 802.11b/g Compatible Wi-Fi " vanished from the network connections

There's really no other way to get it to show back? It's showing in the registry/etc. just not in the list... I could do a hard reset but I'd rather not if possible :).

GoldenTiger 08-27-2008 11:01 AM

Don't have a way offhand to backup the phone, but the code doesn't work anyway if I dial ##786# . I'm surprised there's no way to get the connection listing back but a hard reset, anyone able to confirm this as it sounds weird? Thanks.

Yay 4 Juggs 08-27-2008 11:05 AM

although it may be in the registry it seems as if the driver files for the wifi radio were not loaded properly...i would highly suggest backing up your contacts and starting fresh with the latest stock rom.

GoldenTiger 08-27-2008 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs (Post 395634)
although it may be in the registry it seems as if the driver files for the wifi radio were not loaded properly...i would highly suggest backing up your contacts and starting fresh with the latest stock rom.

It is on a stock ROM, never modified. The thing is this connection disappeared when I changed versions of the WMWIFIrouter program. Nothing else unusual has been done to the phone :). It was working 100% fine prior to that.

Yay 4 Juggs 08-27-2008 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenTiger (Post 395648)
It is on a stock ROM, never modified. The thing is this connection disappeared when I changed versions of the WMWIFIrouter program. Nothing else unusual has been done to the phone :).

wifirouter pulled the .dll's and you will only be able to get them back by reflashing the phone

GoldenTiger 08-27-2008 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs (Post 395653)
wifirouter pulled the .dll's and you will only be able to get them back by reflashing the phone

Flashing? You don't think a hard reset would work even :violent2: :(? I.E. it somehow knocked them out of the stock ROM of the phone? Thanks for the clarification.

Yay 4 Juggs 08-27-2008 11:33 AM

flashing = hard reset...that will work just no not to use that version of wifirouter...

GoldenTiger 08-27-2008 11:39 AM

Thank you very much, going to hard reset then. Hopefully PDAnet will work better...