PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Help Needed (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35788)

Mkostera1 08-26-2008 04:56 PM

Help Needed

I am having problems syncing my mogul with my computer. I have windows vista and when i try and connect with the usb cable i hear the sound that notifies me when it connected but nothing else happens, all i see is the "safely remove hardware" in the bottom right hand corner. It was working fine before but all of a sudden it stopped reading. Please help. Thanks in advance

jason25 08-26-2008 05:49 PM

Re: Help Needed

Is the enable advanced network functionality deselected?

Mkostera1 08-26-2008 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason25 (Post 394937)
Is the enable advanced network functionality deselected?

No, its checked

flyers2114 08-26-2008 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mkostera1 (Post 394953)
No, its checked

K....I have posted this before.....WMDC sucks for Vista...very flaky...a few things I do when it acts up is go into Device Manager on the PC and delete it if it shows.....delete all partnerships on the phone and PC....if that does not work the most surefire way is a hard reset.....

c@rL0$ 08-26-2008 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mkostera1 (Post 394888)
I am having problems syncing my mogul with my computer. I have windows vista and when i try and connect with the usb cable i hear the sound that notifies me when it connected but nothing else happens, all i see is the "safely remove hardware" in the bottom right hand corner. It was working fine before but all of a sudden it stopped reading. Please help. Thanks in advance

Does your phone have active sync running? If you do you have the settings in the WHEN CRADLED to Synchronize all PC's using this connection to "USB".

Do you have the Allow USB Connections tab checked in WMDC?
How about having the "Allow Automatic device authentication" tab checked?
Make sure the "This computer is connected to" is set to automatic.

P.s. I also have the objects I want to sync checked on my PPC in the Active Sync Section and also on my PC.

I have all those settings and my connection works well all the time.

flyers2114 08-26-2008 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c@rL0$ (Post 395020)
Does your phone have active sync running? If you do you have the settings in the WHEN CRADLED to Synchronize all PC's using this connection to "USB".

Do you have the Allow USB Connections tab checked in WMDC?
How about having the "Allow Automatic device authentication" tab checked?
Make sure the "This computer is connected to" is set to automatic.

P.s. I also have the objects I want to sync checked on my PPC in the Active Sync Section and also on my PC.

I have all those settings and my connection works well all the time.

I have all those checked and run it the same way.....it works most of the time but gets real flaky.....mine may be the issue though of syncing with 2 different computers.....I sync XP at work and Vista at home....no problems though ever on XP at work or the XP I have at home.....a lot of people do have issues with WMDC.....they allegedly are working on a fix...who knows though....:scratch:.....my opinion is they rushed it when they built it....

Mkostera1 08-27-2008 02:04 PM

This is very frustrating, i still cant do it. lol I hate WMDC!!

Geekcop 08-27-2008 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyers2114 (Post 395118)
I have all those checked and run it the same way.....it works most of the time but gets real flaky.....mine may be the issue though of syncing with 2 different computers.....I sync XP at work and Vista at home....no problems though ever on XP at work or the XP I have at home.....a lot of people do have issues with WMDC.....they allegedly are working on a fix...who knows though....:scratch:.....my opinion is they rushed it when they built it....

I could not agree more with you on the very last part of your post. Not only did they rush WMDC, but Vista as well. Took me almost a year to get my 700WX to sync via WMDC. Flashing a new ROM is what did it. Works like a charm now.

weedahoe 08-27-2008 03:16 PM

I agree Vista and WMDC both sux major balls

Mkostera1 08-30-2008 07:08 PM

Still havent figured it out, i dont get it though cause it was working before and it just stopped