PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2008, 12:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

Mr31337 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Newest ROM upgrade disables Internet Sharing!

Me and a friend noticed this right away. Internet Sharing doesn't work now with the newest ROM. My friend went back to the previous ROM since he uses Internet Sharing all the time. I really like the threaded SMS and that I can now use GPS with my Google maps.

Does anyone know a hack to get the Internet Sharing to still work? Thanks!!!
Old 08-26-2008, 04:12 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Newest ROM upgrade disables Internet Sharing!

wmwifirouter still works on my 6.1 sprint ROM and that relies on ICS. you might have to edit some registry entries however.
Old 08-26-2008, 04:15 PM
bigbilal04

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

i think there is a cab file for the fix. not sure where it is though
Old 08-26-2008, 04:47 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr31337 View Post
Me and a friend noticed this right away. Internet Sharing doesn't work now with the newest ROM. My friend went back to the previous ROM since he uses Internet Sharing all the time. I really like the threaded SMS and that I can now use GPS with my Google maps.

Look HERE......
No need to flash back to a old rom. A simple search of the geeks would have brought you the answer.

Last edited by Lsme420; 08-26-2008 at 04:50 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

rdungan is a n00b

Works perfect - Thanks
Old 08-26-2008, 06:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch by HTCâ„¢

joe3789 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr31337 View Post

Flashing backwards is something highly opposed by HTC, as doing so could cause the phone to be inoperable. Encourage your friend to re-up.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:07 PM
The Pusher Man

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe3789 View Post
Flashing backwards is something highly opposed by HTC, as doing so could cause the phone to be inoperable. Encourage your friend to re-up.
I dont think thats true.
There is no problems between going from 6.0 to 6.1 as long as they are both GPS rom's* many people do....
I say this because I have switched back and for many times before I stuck with the newest 6.1 update. (didnt like the threaded sms)

*It is however not recommended to go back to a non GPS radio after you have a GPS radio or it could/would brick your device..

Last edited by Lsme420; 08-26-2008 at 08:23 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Threadstarter

Mr31337 is a n00b

Awesome! Thanks for all the help. That was exactly what I was looking for!!!
Old 08-28-2008, 11:02 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

nolo25 is a n00b

hey can someone plz help me. I have been trying to see how I can connect my phone to ps3 through internet sharing. I have wmwifirouter and the fixed cab to internet sharing but when I connect usb cable from phone to ps3. phone says check the usb connection (from the internet sharing program). The wifirouter program says waiting for connection to ISC. Please someone help I been trying to do this for a few days and been getting frustrated wit this. I use my ps3 for updates, browser, and online gaming. If someone can help that would be grately appreciated Thanx in advance.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:14 AM
The Pusher Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolo25 View Post
hey can someone plz help me. I have been trying to see how I can connect my phone to ps3 through internet sharing. I have wmwifirouter and the fixed cab to internet sharing but when I connect usb cable from phone to ps3. phone says check the usb connection (from the internet sharing program). The wifirouter program says waiting for connection to ISC. Please someone help I been trying to do this for a few days and been getting frustrated wit this. I use my ps3 for updates, browser, and online gaming. If someone can help that would be grately appreciated Thanx in advance.
Same people look at this thread that would see your OG post. There was a thread about this back in the day about the xbox360 and ps3 on wifirouter. It worked for them search and find the thread.
need help connecting my mogul 6800 to my wifi ps3

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan