PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2008, 03:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Prog
Carrier: sprint

ander358 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
mogul video out

I've read that the Mogul's Qualcomm chip can support TV-Out. Is there any way to get it to work on the Mogul; or can you bluetooth video to a monitor?
Old 08-25-2008, 03:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

drurc8 is becoming a great contributor
Re: mogul video out

Maybe not on mogul, I heard the upcoming HTC Raphael will have TV out and I am waiting for that day.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:11 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ander358 is a n00b

If the chip can support tv out, then there must be a workaround to get it to work on the Mogul. At least I think it should be able to work.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO
Carrier: Sprint

reekolu is keeping up the good workreekolu is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ander358 View Post
I've read that the Mogul's Qualcomm chip can support TV-Out. Is there any way to get it to work on the Mogul; or can you bluetooth video to a monitor?

Not possible on Mogul, gonna have to wait for the "Touch Pro".
Old 08-25-2008, 05:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 & Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

just cause the chip has the capabilities to do it does not me it has been implemented. it is possible that the video-out leads on the chip are connected to nothing.

not sure but i think i heard somewhere there is a vnc server for the ppc. yes the server mode, not viewer mode that everyone is aware of. ill see if i can find it.

PPC VNC Server here:
http://www.pocketvnc.com/projects/po...erver_Demo.zip

Viewer for PC here:
http://www.realvnc.com/products/free/4.1/download.html (click the VNC Free Edition Viewer for Windows)

if u have never set up a vnc server before u need to know a few things.

1. u will most likely have a wifi router that the Viewer (your PC) and your server (the PPC) are connected to.
2. you will need to turn on port forwarding in your routers firewall menu. every router is different but i the idea is the same. you need to know the Local IP address of the PPC that is connected to the WLAN. an example would be 192.168.1.64. you can find out ur PPC's IP many ways. the easiest is to click the 'options' tab in the provided VNC Server software. at the bottom it displays ur IP. write that number down. Then login to your router. in the firewall section u need to forward a port. you will type in port 5900 (VNC Default) and the Ip address you wrote down. if there is a port IN and a port OUT section just put the same info in twice fore example: Forward Port (5900) on 192.168.1.64 to Port (5900) on 192.168.1.64.

also, after u get it to work there is an option on the VNC Viewer side. you can set the scale to 200% and increase the colors to Full. this needs to be done everytime right before u connect.

Another app that may be simpler for you:
http://www.mymobiler.com

looks like it might be possible to have an active sync bluetooth connection with this app. also looks like it has some IP support. i hadnt heard of it till I read the post below (thanks reeg420) but it works with USB.

Last edited by shadow-tech; 08-26-2008 at 10:24 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:55 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ander358 is a n00b

Will these programs enable the tv out to work; or to know if the Mogul has the capability to do tv out?
Old 08-26-2008, 08:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

no the tv-out wont work. this is a work around. i am not going to say definitively that the tv-out is impossible to get working.

i assumed u needed the PPC to work on a computer monitor. you say in ur post a computer monitor would be ok. if you a have a computer connected to that monitor, a wifi router, and these programs, then this 'work around' will allow you display your PPC on your monitor.

why do u need the tv out? is it for demonstration purposes? or is it for multimedia? or what?

your PPC is a VNC Server. the PC is the viewer. this has an advantage because there is no cables needed. you could also hook you pc up to any display i.e. S-video to a tv, a projector, a monitor, a lcd tv with vga input. you can control the PPC on either end and have it show on the screen. that has the advantage of being able to move the mouse around on the PC so people know what ur clicking on.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker

there is no audio with this workaround. so if it is for multimedia then u will need to hook your phone up to a stereo with an AUX input.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:07 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/TouchPro2
Carrier: T-Mo

reeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuff

nice little work around shadow-tech

I seen this thread yesterday and I wasnt gonna reply but I was thinking there has to be something and I come back to it and there it is. I was thinking **** if the mogul has no sort of video out then how am I able use a program like MyMobiler to take screen shots of my ppc, type, tap on the screen right from my pc. I figured there had to be something.

Also what about a media server app for the ppc. Kinda like wmp11 or nero mediaHome. I set that up to stream videos and music to my ps3. Its extremely nice for playing video formats on the ps3 that are not supported. Would be pretty crazy to have a few movies on my phone that I could bring around and play em in different ps3's or anything that supports media servers. lol
Old 08-27-2008, 11:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker

just remember that video-out implies that there is an analogue transmission. all of the methods above uses digital data transmission, ie computer talking to computer, not video being broadcast.

Last edited by shadow-tech; 08-27-2008 at 11:34 PM. Reason: typo

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan