PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2008, 12:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800
Carrier: Sprint

datapusher is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Gmail Will No Longer Send

<p>For some reason, I can no longer send email from my gmail accounts through pocket outlook.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>I get a message that &quot; the message(s) could not be sent. Check that you have network coverage and that your account information is correct. Then try sending again.&quot;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>I am set up as imap but the outgoing is still smtp on port 463.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Nothing in my settings have changed recently... It just decided to quit working. It USED to be that if I had a large email, I would have to switch over to wifi to send the email... But these are small emails that should go out no problem. But they don't.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>I have tried taking the @gmail.com off of my account name. </p>
<p>smtp.gmail.com: 465and</p>
<p>smtp.gmail.com:465</p >
<p>And I have tried all the other &quot;fixes&quot; that I have come across online, but nothing seems to work. This issue has been present since Monday.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Oh and I'm on DCD's 3.2.5 and Sprint is my carrier</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Any insight into this quandry?</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Thanks All</p>

Last edited by datapusher; 08-22-2008 at 03:16 PM.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: Gmail Will No Longer Send

Did you not proof read any of that after you submitted it?

And you need to do a small search as this thread wasnt very far under yours

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35373
Old 08-22-2008, 02:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul On MetroPCS and a Bricked XV6700

fred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hi, I ran into this problem last week and messing with the account setup, i Unchecked the " SERVER REQUIRES SSL for OUTGOING " And it worked. I am using IMAP4 , not POP3 and my servers are: imap.gmail.com (receive) and smtp.gmail.com (send)
Old 08-22-2008, 03:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

datapusher is a n00b

wow weedahoe your not helpful at all.

read it and tired it but didn't help.

searched tried those posts, didn't help. then I posted my own thread.

Thanks for contributing
Old 08-22-2008, 03:26 PM
VIP Member

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

well we discussed the fact that some ISPs block port 25 unless you are using thier domain and others suggested deleting and re-creating your acct to try to circumvent the issue. So have you tried deleting and recreating? Can you setup your gmail acct on your PC using an email client and send and receive mail? This would check the server and exclude your PPC.

Not trying to be mean but you really need to try to use spell check and grammer check.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

christak is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
...Not trying to be mean but you really need to try to use spell check and grammer check.
Do you mean "grammar" check or did you mean for Kelsey Grammer to check it?

Old 08-22-2008, 07:38 PM
VIP Member

lol.......either one would help us all i guess
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

datapusher is a n00b
Yeah my post seems to be faily well written. Not sure what a spell and grammar check would accomplish.

If the html in post post is what's throwing you, that's code NOT my grammar. And the frum added that to my post, twas not I. I tried to edit from my phone, but the end result is the same.
And FYI... Spell and Grammar check is not available when posting from my phone.Had I known that the spell check nazi of the forums was on duty, I would have made a better effort to articulate my thoughts in a better way.

Now as to your port 25 suggestion, not sure how that would help since I indicated in my op that I was using a different port than 25.

But since this thread is more about spelling than actually talking about the actual issue as described in the op, I doubt we will have much success with resolving this issue.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan