PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Help! My 2yr Old's Smarter Than Me (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35666)

yama247 08-25-2008 10:58 AM

Help! My 2yr Old's Smarter Than Me

Hi Members. I Don't Know What My 2yr Old Did But She Turned On The Bluetooth Indicator Light On Constantly And I Can't Turn The Darn Thing Off. Any Advices? Also I Can't Seem To Install Active Sync On My Pc. I've Installed It But Nothing Happens. The Usb Is Charging My Phone But When I Plug It Into The Pc It Doesn't Even See My Phone. Do I Need Active Sync To Use My Phone As A Modem? Sorry 1st Time Posting Not Sure If I Did This Right. Oh I Have A Mogul

nick aguas 08-25-2008 11:07 AM

Re: Help! My 2yr Old's Smarter Than Me

i had this problem with a brand new xv6800. they wouldnt replace it, so i put a thin piece of black electrical tape over it. got a new one when a different hardware problem arose, but i think it came on when i dropped the phone.

darren.wlsn1 08-25-2008 11:13 AM

should be able to go into your comm. manager to turn off bluetooth anoying led. aren't kids great. lol

jmorton10 08-25-2008 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yama247 (Post 393327)
I Don't Know What My 2yr Old Did But She Turned On The Bluetooth Indicator Light On Constantly And I Can't Turn The Darn Thing Off.

ROTFLMAO, sorry I don't know how to fix it but I just had to add that my daughter does things like this all the time.......(she is 8 now)

~John

billyman 08-25-2008 11:16 AM

Does it appear the wi-fi switch got damaged? Is the wi-fi actually on, or is it just the LED that's flashing?

If the wi-fi switch got damaged and the wi-fi is on constantly, maybe you can disable it in the Comm manager (depending on the ROM you have).

If the wi-fi is off, but the LED is just flashing, you can install NueLED and disable the LED via his app (beats the hell out of a piece of electrical tape across the front of your phone).

Regardless what you do... good luck.

yama247 08-25-2008 11:58 AM

the wi fi is shut off the bluetooth has been turned off too. its just a constant blue light. man u guys are great. that's pretty fast responses. I also appreciate all u geniuses out there to help out in any situation from creating roms to putting tape over it lol. all of u guys r awsome! keep up the great work

flyers2114 08-25-2008 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick aguas (Post 393339)
i had this problem with a brand new xv6800. they wouldnt replace it, so i put a thin piece of black electrical tape over it. got a new one when a different hardware problem arose, but i think it came on when i dropped the phone.

I gotta say the electrical tape is funny as hell bro....lmao:headbang:

nick aguas 08-25-2008 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyers2114 (Post 393411)
I gotta say the electrical tape is funny as hell bro....lmao:headbang:

haha hey, whatever works. i was going blind from that damn LED in the dark.

flyers2114 08-25-2008 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick aguas (Post 393438)
haha hey, whatever works. i was going blind from that damn LED in the dark.

I here ya I shut all of them off....I cant stand them....:mrgreen:

hibby 08-25-2008 02:03 PM

use nueled by no2chem