PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Busted Mogul... TEP Questions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35643)

mpenguin14 08-25-2008 01:08 AM

Busted Mogul... TEP Questions

So I dropped my mogul into water on Friday. It fell pretty hard and form the moment I took it out of the water it seemed dead. I dried everything out and eventually I has able to get some LEDs to turn on, after some more time my backlight came one, and eventually the screen came one... but when the screen came on it revealed a huge shattering.

I had DCD 3.2.5 on m yphoen and by using mymobler I wa sable to install a stock sprint rom, and relock to the stock 2.07 bootloader from nueSPL 2.47.
So I am content with the software on my phone not voiding my warranty

Now where I am at is my phone starts up and i can see the bottom inch of the screen without a problem, but the rest of hte screen is not visible due to the cracks. The touchscreen is not responsive and abotu half of hte hardware buttons dont sem to work.

I carry the $7 TEP insurance plan on my monthly bill, my phone has a shattered screen and the water damage indicators are red.

Is there any chance I will be able to get a free replacement in store? Or am I stuck going through asurion and paying the $50 deductable?

Has anyone had any experience using TEP for either a broken screen or water damaged mogul? If so did you get it replaced in store? Did you have to go through Asurion? Were you offered a touch? (If you were offered a touch what did you do (Take it, wait for mogul)?)

thanks

brondana4eva@yahoo.com 08-25-2008 01:15 AM

Re: Busted Mogul... TEP Questions

No you won't have to pay the $50...however if they do not have a replacment in the store they will order you one....I know I have been thru 4 already in less than a year

brondana4eva@yahoo.com 08-25-2008 01:17 AM

also when I recieved my new Mogul it had some new upgrades that I am lovin

Darkjedi 08-25-2008 01:59 AM

hmm... its going to be hard to argue that a cracked screen and water damage is a manufacturers defect. Unfortunately, it looks like you may wind up paying the 50$ deductible. The extended warranty covered by the TEP only covers defects. Accidental damage is usually covered by the insurance. Sometimes if the damage isn't too bad, you can get away with the warranty replacement like if the screen went dead when you dropped it, but the water damage will be pretty obvious. However it wouldn't hurt to try your luck and see if you can get away with it, just saying I wouldn't keep my hopes too high.

brondana4eva@yahoo.com 08-25-2008 02:16 AM

hey trust me I knwhat I am talking about...no $50 pay out that's why you have insurance

gsvnet 08-25-2008 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brondana4eva@yahoo.com (Post 393105)
also when I recieved my new Mogul it had some new upgrades that I am lovin

What new upgrades are you referring to?

ofgorsi 08-25-2008 03:08 AM

Brondana doesn't know what he/she is talking about.. Waterdamage is NOT covered... you WILL have to pay the $50 deductible and order a new phone through asurion. If you don't believe me just take your phone into a sprint store and they will reject you.

mpenguin14 08-25-2008 11:27 AM

yeah i kinda figured I would have to pay the $50 because of the water damage, and that is what my wife has been telling me too... but figured I would see if people had a different experience, I might try to take it in later this week, otherwise I have to wait until the first to have the $50 to go through asurion.

At least I have a phone issued through my job I can use (a moto razr :()

thanks for all the replys

IronMogul 08-25-2008 03:35 PM

how abot the keyboards not typing as i press the letters. is that covered under the Manufactors warranty? I was studid to not take the warranty now i want to get a new phone if possible so i have a new one before it all expires.. how do i prove that its under TEP

bigbilal04 08-25-2008 04:30 PM

yea i work at a third party sprint store, and from what i know first hand, you do have to pay the 50 dollar deductible. You would only get a free phone if it could not be repaired, but the water damage and screen are not covered under repair. They are not defects. 50 dollars for a new phone is great, better than buying one out right.