PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2008, 05:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anybody know the Titan's "discontinue" date?

Probably a tough one, but would anybody know when the Titan/Mogul will officially be listed as "Discontinued" in Sprints system?

The reason I ask is...(this might sound like a scam to many, but this was simple luck) I didn't even have to use my upgrade to go up to the Mogul from the Apache...I have the $7 a month insurance and when I went to file a replacement claim on my Apache, I was informed that the Apache was discontinued and I got a brand new (not refurbished) Mogul as my replacement. If the Titan is discontinued, I at least want to see if this is POSSIBLE with replacing my Titan for a Touch Pro (i know, naughty naughty). I'm also guessing they were just COMPLETELY out of stock on new and re-furbished Apache's and thats the only reason I got the Mogul.

I broke many a sales record when I worked selling phones for Sprint, so my boss and Martket Director let me stay on the employee plan (essentially a Simply Everything plan for $25 a month...rediculous) after I left the company. The ONLY drawback as many of you probably already know is that I have to pay FULL retail price for phones and get no discounts regardless of whether im eligible for an upgrade or not. Like I said the only reason it happened to me with the Apache / Mogul switch was pure luck, and it saved me from having to pay $600 for my Mogul. I probably will end up shelling out the cash for the touch-pro anyway, cause Sprint has treated me extremely well as an employee and customer. Just curious if anybody knows the disco date or has heard of anybody trying to pull scams like this?
Old 08-24-2008, 05:18 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: MOGUL!!
Carrier: PPCGEEKS i just pay SPRINT 'cause i like to text

hibby is a n00b
Re: Anybody know the Titan's "discontinue" date?

you can do that already...
Old 08-24-2008, 06:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

gsvnet is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby View Post
How so? I'd love to here more about this...
Old 08-24-2008, 06:38 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

It's no scam this is how both my wife and I went from apaches to moguls (4 months apart). In each case we took them in to be serviced, were told that the repair was not serviceable but instead would require a replacement. Since they had no new/refurb apaches, we got moguls... no scam involved.

No matter what the date is for the mogul to be discontinued, it will take a while for the new and refurb backlog to be depleted enough for them to start handing out diamonds and touch pros..... it would be nice if lightning stuck twice though... i wouldnt mind being handed a new diamond or touch pro when my mogul goes wonky...

Best... Member... Ever...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO Shift 4G
Threadstarter

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby View Post
Considering the Touch Pro hasn't been released yet, I doubt it...sincerely...doubt it. I'd imagine I can just call Assurion (sprints insurance provider for customer hand sets) and say "Hey my phones broken, I want to file a claim but I also want to know if its discontinued cause if it is I'm just going to buy a new one"...but it's the weekend and their call center is closed haha...

After two years (the amount of time you're supposed to wait to upgrade anyway), it seems like there's a good possibility of a phones stock running dry, considering that that's exactly what happened to our Apache's...def. NOT waiting another year to MAYBE get the Touch Pro for only $50...by then we will hopefully have the Dream and the Touch Dual Pro to drool over.

Last edited by JQuill; 08-24-2008 at 06:53 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan