PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2008, 02:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Animated splash screen help

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWS2112 View Post
Count -

The reason you're seeing more frames when you view it is that it's set to run 11 times (so you're seeing 44 "frames") the file itself only contains 4 images.

I've created one animation for my device...but later had to shorten it because the new stock ROM provides for less run time. Do you just want this to loop until the OS is ready?

-E
How many frames or how long can the animated GIF be? I had to switch to a shorter one on my Mogul with the 20273 kitchen, because it prevented the next static screen from showing.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan

EWS2112 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith94 View Post
How many frames or how long can the animated GIF be? I had to switch to a shorter one on my Mogul with the 20273 kitchen, because it prevented the next static screen from showing.
The original animated startup from Sprint was 85 frames. After loading the most recent stock ROM, I had to update my custom animation and take it down to 42 after discovering it was getting 'cut-off' at the end.

The attached is a .zip of my two animations...my avatar is a smaller, shorter version of the same.

To create it, I literally pulled off the Sprint animation and used it as a template to make sure that it would work (a little on the 'overkill' side, but that's me).
Attached Files
File Type: zip sprint_statup.zip (287.1 KB, 47 views) Click for barcode!
Old 09-05-2008, 11:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWS2112 View Post
The original animated startup from Sprint was 85 frames. After loading the most recent stock ROM, I had to update my custom animation and take it down to 42 after discovering it was getting 'cut-off' at the end.

The attached is a .zip of my two animations...my avatar is a smaller, shorter version of the same.

To create it, I literally pulled off the Sprint animation and used it as a template to make sure that it would work (a little on the 'overkill' side, but that's me).
Do you suppose you could work your magic on the stock Sprint animation, the one with "Sprint ahead" and "Rated for SprintSpeed"? I'd like to use that in the PPCGeeks kitchen, and I the chefs might too.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: $print
Threadstarter

Count_Chockula is becoming a great contributor

Well to be honest I really don't care how long it runs... I just want it to run long enough to see more than the 3 frames that I currently see. I guess... if I had to pick a number I would like to see in the neighborhood of about 15-20. Do I need to make the current 4 frames into 20? Instead of the repeating 4 that I have currently?
Old 09-15-2008, 05:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: $print
Threadstarter

Count_Chockula is becoming a great contributor

Anyone got anything on this? I would really like to put this one annoyance to bed!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan