PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2008, 09:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

sehudson is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help with phone as modem

Everytime I try to use my cell phone as a modem, I get an error 67. In the past, all I had to do was connect the phone to the laptop, open the internet sharing, and connect. It was never shown on my bill, but with this new error im getting, im wondering if its no longer possible to do it without getting billed?
Old 08-17-2008, 10:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker

slvrap1 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Help with phone as modem

I do it everyday, it still works without being billed. Are you on a OEM rom or custom ?
Old 08-17-2008, 10:16 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

check this out... this will be your best bet.. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=30265
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: My EVO punches your IPHONES

mebo73 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to mebo73

Did you just flash your rom?? Do you have internet on the phone?? If not go to settings and get the internet settings, then hit start. Let it run its thing, When u are done u should be good. If that doesnt work then use the link above and you should be good.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

rancidchris is a n00b

Yea that one works like none other, sweet.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:36 AM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I.C.S. Reg Edit: No need to install a cab and take up space.
Go to Commonly requested & popular software/applications and DL yourself a Registry Editor app then make the changes and you'll be fine.

InternetSharing WM 6.0:
Go to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing]
Then Delete "Extension"="rilphone.dll"
then change "MaxCMCon.... from 1 to 0..
MaxCMCon might be 0 already if so its cool.

InternetSharing WM 6.1:
After that edit the dial "Phone as Modem" to "Sprint PCS"
MaxCMCon will already be 0.

Last edited by Lsme420; 08-18-2008 at 09:39 AM.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:25 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsme420 View Post
I.C.S. Reg Edit: No need to install a cab and take up space.
Go to Commonly requested & popular software/applications and DL yourself a Registry Editor app then make the changes and you'll be fine.

InternetSharing WM 6.0:
then change "MaxCMCon.... from 1 to 0..
MaxCMCon might be 0 already if so its cool.

InternetSharing WM 6.1:
After that edit the dial "Phone as Modem" to "Sprint PCS"
MaxCMCon will already be 0.
the cab does this for u... if u look at the thread linked, the reg edits were there but people were having issues so he created a cab to do it all and do it right... I don't think it really takes up any space.but thanks for the break down on it!
Old 08-18-2008, 01:33 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by syanni85 View Post
the cab does this for u... if u look at the thread linked, the reg edits were there but people were having issues so he created a cab to do it all and do it right... I don't think it really takes up any space.but thanks for the break down on it!
If you INSTALL something it takes up room. It might not take up a lot of room but to me with the little memory my phone has every little bit counts. Just tryin to save them some room but if they find it easier to install the cab right-on what ever works . I find it better to do the reg edit.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:16 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsme420 View Post
If you INSTALL something it takes up room. It might not take up a lot of room but to me with the little memory my phone has every little bit counts. Just tryin to save them some room but if they find it easier to install the cab right-on what ever works . I find it better to do the reg edit.
that is true, every little bit counts when it comes to the mogul... one of the reasons why i switched to the touch. but ur right
Old 08-18-2008, 06:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch

rodsonnow is a n00b

will this work for telus users?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan