PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2008, 12:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
EASY solution for Mini USB output to car stereo/3.5mm aux input

Only a few posts here so far but I've def. been a fan of the roms for my Mogul here for a while Now...kudos to all you guys...anyway, I am very picky when it comes to Audio, I hate using adapters to go from one size to another. After not being able to find a mini usb to 3.5mm cord, and not waning to pay $12-$30 for a Mini USB to 3.5mm adapter. I found it's easy to take your wired HTC headset, and create a straight cord with no adapters needed...it takes less than 5 minutes and is basically free. It's very easy...

What I did was snip both earbuds off the end of their respective wires on the headset with a pair of wire cutters, then striped a little bit of the the rubber shielding off the cut ends to expose the copper wire. Radio Shack sells a 3.5mm male jack (a standard male headphone jack) for $1 plus tax. Simply attatch the left and right exposed wires to left and right contacts on the 3.5 jack and you've got a USB mini to 3.5mm basically for free and no adapters needed. Plugs right into my Vehicles AUX input and I was surprised and how good it sounds on the Infiniti sound system my car has. This little cable i made when I was bored saved me from spending hundreds just for a CD player that supported bluetooth.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: EASY solution for Mini USB output to car stereo/3.5mm aux input

I'm very picky too, so I use an adapter
Old 08-24-2008, 04:45 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I paid like 5$ including shipping for my miniUSB-3.5mm adapter, my shure sound isolating headphones are way better than the ones HTC give you.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

You guys just need to get a head unit with a USB interface and keep everthing simple. Cutting cords and making adpaters fit is nice and all but also allows for distorion or loss of signal due (I.E. higher resistance) to the connections. Connections over BT is good but anything wireless can interfere with anything else wireless and there are tons of things we dont see but run into everyday that are wireless.

I know you got it to work and all and thats great but I just wanted to throw my opinion out there.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff

Thanks for all of your input with such a small topic, agreed this is NOT the best solution, but certainly the cheapest with what I had to work with. This is simply meant as the CHEAPEST solution for people that like to penny pinch whenever they can.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

In all honestly, unless you are connect a spectrum analyzer or even doing sound quality test in competitions, youre likely not going to know the difference to a normal ear.
Old 08-24-2008, 03:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
In all honestly, unless you are connect a spectrum analyzer or even doing sound quality test in competitions, youre likely not going to know the difference to a normal ear.
Yeah, I'm just trying to save as much money as possible for a new ride (Black Infiniti G37, which will match the new Touch Pro's black paint job quite nice haha). Right now im sitting in a 97' Caddy Deville, its a great LOOKING car inside and out, but the 11 year old engine and transmission are on their last legs. So the best thing about the car is how good it looks and the sound system I have in it, this cord is just me trying to squeze every last thing I can possibly do to customize my mogul and my car before I upgrade them both ; )
Old 08-24-2008, 11:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Hoof is becoming a great contributor

I got my adapter for $10, if you cant afford to pay 5-10 dollars and prefer spending $1 in radio shack and then start messing around with wires then yea I guess this is the best solution for you.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6800

ti55uck5 is a n00b

i made this same adapter, but used an extra female 3.5 socket. it sounds great, there is a guide to do this here: http://www.tracyandmatt.co.uk/blogs/index.php/2006/08/18/orange_spv_m3100_headphone_adapter_hack

make sure you solder it really good, or it will break the connection eventually, and the sound wont be good.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 & Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

didnt your phone come with that 'Y' shaped adapter? all u need is that and a cheap audio cable. they sell cables that are 2.5 male to 3.5 male. My alltel 6800 came with a base station while my friends verizon xv6800 didnt. i also got 2 sets of headphones, my friend got 1. all my stuff was in the sealed box my phone came in.

also, see this post if u want more info on the usb port:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=22654#10

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan