PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2008, 11:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC 6800

Tianis is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
GPS HTC PPC 6800 Alltel

Ill be simple here. I just got a new plan and this phone from Alltell. It is runnign Windows Mobile 6. Rom version 3.35.671.9. Radio version 3.37.20.
I installed Google maps and want to use the GPS to at least pinpoint where I am.

I followed a direction on another thread about installing a CAB file (HTC TItan GPS enable) and I set my "My Location" settings to ON in the phone. The internal COM port is 4 on the normal baud rate.

In google maps I hit USE GPS and it just stalls for ag ood 30 seconds then says there is no GPS receiver. Alltell just referrs me to this forum site for help.
Any Ideas? I have read split responses on this.. Some people say it works fine others like me cant get it to work at all.
Old 08-23-2008, 12:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 & Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: GPS HTC PPC 6800 Alltel

soft reset after 4 files install.

make sure u installed them to ur device not storage card. u WILL get it to work with that rom and radio.

search for: alltel gps easy way.
Old 08-23-2008, 12:32 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Tianis is a n00b

I did that, installed, installed to device, soft reset. Still doesnt work. Im getting baffled

I only have 1 file...the cab file..am I not install it right?
Old 08-23-2008, 01:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=27180

see my thread. u dont need to the ROM u do need the patch.

google will say aquiring satalites (0) this means zero satalites have been found. let ur phone sit out for a while in this mode. u need 3 for a fix. good luck. let me know if it works or not.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-23-2008, 01:44 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Tianis is a n00b

THansk I got it working. I needed one of the patches in your package set instead of just the 1 file I got previously. It worked
Old 08-23-2008, 02:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker

word.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan