PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2008, 04:34 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Got a refurbished battery

I went into Sprint today because my battery had been dying off in 2 hours of standby time [about 10mins talk time] on a full charge. They guy went in back and brought me a battery. He put it in and gave my phone back no questions asked.

When I got home, I took out the battery, and on it was a sticker that said 84%.

Strange... I guess they really wouldn't give out new batteries, but why would they be so blatant about letting the customer know that it isn't as functional as the original?

I just thought it was a bit strange...
Old 08-22-2008, 04:45 PM
Tweety...Bear (chick)
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TweetyBear Send a message via Yahoo to TweetyBear
Re: Got a refurbished battery

i'd go back and make sure they give me a new one. 84% capacity is not acceptable.

Old 08-22-2008, 07:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint model)
Carrier: VZW

TrainSafe is just getting started

84% doesn't mean anything. Could just be the last charge state.

I'd give it a few days to see how it performs. I've also gotten free batteries from my local Sprint store. They're usually take-outs from phones that have been returned or found defective. Some are only days old, and some might be half worn out. The only reliable way to tell is to use them.

My policy: a free battery is a good battery!
Old 08-22-2008, 07:23 PM
Tweety...Bear (chick)
Pocket PC: EVO

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TweetyBear Send a message via Yahoo to TweetyBear

well, he said they had a sticker on it that said 84%. i immediately thought that that's the capacity it had left
Old 08-22-2008, 07:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

unclutchable is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to unclutchable

That is kind of strange. It could mean anything, but then again you can't really complain (not saying you are) considering the state of your last battery and the fact that you got another one in better condition for free, no questions asked.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:30 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL
Threadstarter

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Yea... I'm not complaining, I just found it to be a bit strange.

However, it seems to be performing just fine. It may be the placebo effect, but it doesn't seem to be as long lasting as when I first had the phone.

But I charge every night [I know, that kills the battery lifespan] so I don't have too many issues.

Well, they did check my account and saw that I had TEP, so I guess that had something to do with it. But they were nice about everything. Didn't even need to test it's life span!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan